startup.scp script file locked

rodolgo

Hello,
I'm really new to scripting...
Trying to add a line to automate loading my regular process icons.
Using the PI script editor.
Can't save the file : file is locked.
Editing from outside of the app is not possible for the same reason.
What is the right approach for what I want to do?
Many thanks in advance for support.
Rodolphe

Hi Rodolphe.

I'm not sure I understand what you are doing to get this message. However,I just wanted to check whether you are aware that you can save all your regular process icons into a single .xpsm file. You can then just load this file when you start a new session. `The process to save is to highlight all process icons you want to save. Right click / Ctl click to bring up a context sensitive menu. Chose "Save Selected Icons" to save to a file. Then to reload, right click on the workspace and chose "Process Icons" > "Load Process Icons".

Mike

Hi Mike
Thanks for your reply.
I believe I do nothing special. Just open the edit script menu, select the startup.SCP file, and add a line at the end to open my process icons. (.open “my process icons file path”).
Cannot save it.
Checked the permissions on the startup.SCP file, admin has read only permissions, and cannot be changed. Seems locked by the system.
I do load my process icons as you described. But the lazy of me wanted to automate it.
Not a big deal but I’m puzzled.

Ok found the solution.
Had to unlock the file from the finder. I hadn't seen the tiny locker at the bottom right of the file properties dialog - clicked on it, entered password, and could modify admin permissions.
Screenshot below (French version of the OS).

1636826147487.png

Bonjour, I have the same problem BUT even if I do the same procedure the file stays locked when I try to modify it afterwards... Any ideas?

Ok answered myself... I had first to unlock individually each directory from /etc and then the .scp file itself!

Back