Starnet++ that old favourite (W10 issues)

Okay I know the collective sigh will of gone up but please bare with me

Have been using this process no problems on an older version of PI but since the update I'm getting the "Check point not found"!!!!
I've been through what I can find on here and every other forum site from Cloudy Nights to SGL
I moved files around taken them from folders in "bin" (application extensions ) both starnet pxm dll and the tensorflow dll and moved them into the the directory so PI doesn't need to look in the folder to find them (This worked last time when I loaded starnet for the first time)
I've left them in the folder to see if this is better this time, I've added the commands listed into (Processes console ) still nothing.
It all worked before what am I doing wrong please help
I know my machine can handle it as it worked fine last time

Failing that will someone direct me to the Mask Gen Script as this might be better to remove stars

Thanks

unfortunately the module tries to load the weight files using a path that's relative to pixinsight's current working directory, so even if you moved the weights files you may not have moved them to wherever PI's working directory is set to. i've sometimes seen the PI installation directory as the working directory and sometimes just C:

i think you are alluding to this but you said "moved them into the directory" and i don't know what directory you mean. but still, there's not necessarily any guarantee that PI's working directory is where you think it is so it didn't help to move the files. i wouldn't move the dll files though - those *need* to be in the bin directory!

anyway the workaround is to go into the PI console and type cd "C:/<whatever directory you put the weights files in> and it should work the next time you try to use starnet it should work. but i would fix the dll locations first!

unfortunately the module tries to load the weight files using a path that's relative to pixinsight's current working directory, so even if you moved the weights files you may not have moved them to wherever PI's working directory is set to. i've sometimes seen the PI installation directory as the working directory and sometimes just C:

i think you are alluding to this but you said "moved them into the directory" and i don't know what directory you mean. but still, there's not necessarily any guarantee that PI's working directory is where you think it is so it didn't help to move the files. i wouldn't move the dll files though - those *need* to be in the bin directory!

anyway the workaround is to go into the PI console and type cd "C:/<whatever directory you put the weights files in> and it should work the next time you try to use starnet it should work. but i would fix the dll locations first!
Thanks for that
Have already tried that all ive done is copy the files starnet pxm dll and the tensorflow dll and moved them to where all the application extension are this worked last time but still getting the same error

well, where are the weights files then? the dll locations don't have anything to do with the "weights not found" problem. it's only the location of the weights files that matter. are you sure your cd command is successful? if there are spaces in the path you need to use quotes around the path...

rob

well, where are the weights files then? the dll locations don't have anything to do with the "weights not found" problem. it's only the location of the weights files that matter. are you sure your cd command is successful? if there are spaces in the path you need to use quotes around the path...

rob
Please can you advise where the weights file is in the zip file with the process downloadedhttps://www.dropbox.com/s/c9h15vq6dbhvty4/Screenshot 2020-05-15 19.40.37.png?dl=0

this is what i see in the zipfile:

Archive: Starnet_PI.zip
Length Date Time Name
--------- ---------- ----- ----
0 05-30-2019 13:09 Starnet_PI/
368328 05-30-2019 13:24 Starnet_PI/LICENSE
217718902 03-11-2019 13:22 Starnet_PI/mono_starnet_weights.pb
4931 06-06-2019 20:53 Starnet_PI/README.txt
217743491 02-11-2019 14:10 Starnet_PI/rgb_starnet_weights.pb
3407872 05-29-2019 21:30 Starnet_PI/StarNet-pxm.dll
64169472 02-10-2019 01:33 Starnet_PI/tensorflow.dll

the weights files are "mono_starnet_weights.pb" and "rgb_starnet_weights.pb"