Starnet++ installed but not working

BertHendriksen

I had Starnet++ installed and then I updated to the recent update this week. Starnet++ never showed up at all in Pixinsight so I reinstalled it into my bin and lib files. I have the Mac with the M1 chip so I had to modify some files following View into Space YouTube video "Installing STARNET2 on a MAC with M1 Chip - Resolve all issues!" This worked and I was able to install Starnet++. However the first time I used it I got a failed error. I have added a screenshot of the error. I am at a loss as how to fix this problem. I'm very new to astrophotography and this is probably the most frustrating problem I have ever faced. It took me a long time to figure out how to instal it the first time with the M1 chip but the second time was even worse. I had an injury at work and and have short term memory problems. I love astrophotography and Pixinsight and I'm getting the hang of it thanks to the many You tube videos.
Is there a quick solution to this problem (Bug) with steps written in layman's terms? On Cloudy Nights many people write as if they are talking to a computer programer. They abbreviate most of what they are saying and assume you know how to use terminal without saying what steps to take.
Best regards,
Bert

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-05-26 at 3.59.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-05-26 at 3.59.33 PM.png
    660.5 KB · Views: 91
well, it's saying that the checkpoint file, which is the description of the neural net, was not found. this is a file that ends in .pb and contains the actual neural network connections. you've probably forgotten to put this into /Applications/PixInsight/bin .

starnet++ is a very old name for the starnet module. when juan 'adopted' it and released it with PixInsight, it was renamed to StarNet. there is now of course StarNet2. from the screenshot, it looks like you are actually trying to use StarNet2. so that is good.

rob

well, it's saying that the checkpoint file, which is the description of the neural net, was not found. this is a file that ends in .pb and contains the actual neural network connections. you've probably forgotten to put this into /Applications/PixInsight/bin .

starnet++ is a very old name for the starnet module. when juan 'adopted' it and released it with PixInsight, it was renamed to StarNet. there is now of course StarNet2. from the screenshot, it looks like you are actually trying to use StarNet2. so that is good.

rob
Thanks Rob, It worked when I copied and pasted the file into Lib and also into the Bin file. I didn't realize that the .pb file needed to be in both files.
Bert

Thanks Rob, It worked when I copied and pasted the "StarNet2_weights.pb" file into the Bin file. I didn't realize that the .pb file needed to be in both Lib and Bin files.
I don't know why this message posted when I was still typing and pasting the file name. It posted the file I hadn't finished working on instead of the response that is in this reply.
Again thank you.
Bert

i don't think the pb file needs to be in lib/ as well as bin/ as the module is only looking for it in bin/

at any rate it sounds like you got it going, so that is good news.

Back