StarAlignment.referenceImage(): invalid argument type: String expected.

I have used the new Weighted Batch Preprocessing Script successfully (and happily I should add) since it was first launched. However the latest update (1.4.4) gives me the following error message; StarAlignment.referenceImage(): invalid argument type: String expected. This seems to happen if I use master Flats but I'm not 100% sure about this. The PI revision is 1.8.8-5 which I believe is the latest. Any thought anyone?

Thanks,

Mikko

So I checked the process console and it seems like the error is related to the reference image. So I manually selected one and when I do that, the process runs its course. I'm not sure why or what has changed but as said, I didn't have this issue before.

- Mikko

Hi Mikko,

I cannot reproduce this error with our test data sets. Can you please upload a minimal data set where this can be reproduced, along with the WBPP settings you've used (such as a process icon or a project)?

BTW, the latest version of WBPP, which we have released a few days ago, is 1.4.5. Do you refer to this version?

Bug confirmed and fixed. Thank you for reporting it.

This problem is now resolved in WBPP version 1.4.6, which we have just released as a regular update.

Looks like I got same message - v 1.4.6
1589718881300.png

+1 to brandxlc, seeing this in 1.4.6, but for a bad data set in my case (which I'm trying to debug separately). Confirmed the workaround is manual selection (enabled by unselecting "Use best frame as reference for registration" in Subframe Weighting in the Lights Panel).

In case this is useful to the developers, this error is thrown for me when the script is trying to find the best frame but they are all blank/black. Perhaps a friendlier error message like "All your frames are blank so I can't pick one" would be helpful here?

I am having the same problem. I am confused with Juan statement;
"This problem is now resolved in WBPP version 1.4.6, which we have just released as a regular update"
I have the latest update and the problem still happening. Also do have vr 1.4.6. Juan could you please clarified if this problem is still existing or I need to do something other than check for a regular update.
Thanks,
Bill
WBPS Problem.JPG
WBPS.JPG

Apparently this problem is being caused by bad data that cannot be measured to compute image weights. Can you please upload a few frames where we can reproduce this?

Did it again without that sii file same error new log in this folder under newest log

Hi,
I get the same error message using WBPP Ver. 1.4.8
The images can be stacked without any problem on another software but not in PI.
Until now never had this problem before.
Can you please give a reply, because my trial license will expire very soon?

Back