Star Detector seeing too many stars because of Amp glow

Hello: first time using this forum so be easy on me.
I have an asi183mm pro and of course it has amp glow. I am using WBBP trying to get my master light frame.
It will make my master flat and master dark. But the process errors out when it comes to Star alignment and star detection.
Star Detector shows 12364 stars, I should only have around 150 as I am shooting the Horsehead Nebula with about a 1.2 degree by ,8 degree frame,
Also it shows no FWHM and No eccentricity, Only thing is SNR
Individual frames look good and using subframe inspector I see both FWHM and Eccentricity, but not when I am using WBBP, both are blank.
I sure need some help on this one, Thank you. Bruce

if you just open one of the calibrated images created by WBPP to the PI desktop, what does it look like under STF? does it look "correct" or is it clipped or just full of white pixels?

rob

Hell Rob:
I just opened one of the calibrated images. It is really clipped, almost black. the Horsehead has the same color as the background, flame stands out but whole picture is very dark.
Bruce

i'm thinking that the dark doesn't match the light, either in gain, offset, exposure time or capture software. usually these broken images occur due to bad darks. but i suppose the mismatch could be in the bias master as well, if you are using one.

if you don't have a master bias, make sure you don't tick "optimize" for the master dark.

rob

Hello Rob:
Yes it was the flats. I used WBBP with 300 sec darks, 300 sec lights both at gain 111.
But the flats I tried calibrating them with were at Gain 53. I took another set of flats with the same gain as my darks and lights but at 111 gain, and everything worked out perfectly! No amp glow either. Many Many Thanks.
Bruce

Back