Star De-emphasizer Script (Adam Block's star reduction method)

For some odd reason on MAC OS, I'm having a hard time again with changing the preview. Are you clicking and moving two fingers, just moving two fingers, something else ? I'm tried many combinations but no success.
could you please specify the version of the script, PI and mac os. I'll take a look a it

For some odd reason on MAC OS, I'm having a hard time again with changing the preview. Are you clicking and moving two fingers, just moving two fingers, something else ? I'm tried many combinations but no success.
So, I checked on my side and seems working fine. When the images are selected first time select preview area looks like this:
1621770186842.png

Scrolling(moving two fingers up and down) makes green rectangle smaller or bigger:
1621770252595.png

Clicking with one finger makes it move to the desired point:
1621770305705.png

Hi....
Great script! I tried it for the first time a couple of days ago and it worked fine (PI 1.8.8-9 and script v0.2.1). However, when I again tried to use the script today, I could process the preview, but when trying to continue with the full image, this error message appeared:

Attempt to execute a Script instance recursively (view context).
Sorry, but this is not supported in current PixInsight versions.

So, something is wrong, but I cannot figure out wat. I have done no update since the script worked, so this is strange...

Any suggestions?

best
Alf J.

Hi Astroswell, after upgrading to PI 1.8.9 your script disappeared and is not downloadable/updateable from your repository. Manual installation from github works without any issues. Please adapt/extend the version requirements to the current release, please ;)!

Code:
<platform os="all" arch="noarch" version="1.8.0:1.8.8">

Thank you for your valuable script,
Jürgen

Hi Astroswell, after upgrading to PI 1.8.9 your script disappeared and is not downloadable/updateable from your repository. Manual installation from github works without any issues. Please adapt/extend the version requirements to the current release, please ;)!

Code:
<platform os="all" arch="noarch" version="1.8.0:1.8.8">

Thank you for your valuable script,
Jürgen
Thanks for reporting! Will do soon

Hi....
Great script! I tried it for the first time a couple of days ago and it worked fine (PI 1.8.8-9 and script v0.2.1). However, when I again tried to use the script today, I could process the preview, but when trying to continue with the full image, this error message appeared:

Attempt to execute a Script instance recursively (view context).
Sorry, but this is not supported in current PixInsight versions.

So, something is wrong, but I cannot figure out wat. I have done no update since the script worked, so this is strange...

Any suggestions?

best
Alf J.

Hey, did you manage to solve the problem? Sorry for the very late reply ?

Hello,
it would be interesting to be able to have access to all the images of the procedure.
Indeed, to improve the procedure, I often have to manually modify the binarized image for exemple.

So at the end of the application of the script, it would be nice to have all the images available.

Hey all, bit of an issue, so I am looking for some help.

I installed Star De-emphasizer Script for PixInsight with no issues, used it once, worked fine. Then Pixinsight crashed for the first time on me. I restarted PixInsight and now Star De-emphasizer Script for PixInsight is missing from the Script Menu. I can still see it within Manage Repositories. I remove it, then copy the link and nothing happens it will not re-install. Anyone else come across this or something similar?

Hey all, bit of an issue, so I am looking for some help.

I installed Star De-emphasizer Script for PixInsight with no issues, used it once, worked fine. Then Pixinsight crashed for the first time on me. I restarted PixInsight and now Star De-emphasizer Script for PixInsight is missing from the Script Menu. I can still see it within Manage Repositories. I remove it, then copy the link and nothing happens it will not re-install. Anyone else come across this or something similar?
Hey, what version of the PI and OS are you running?

I am also having problems on MacOS. I am running PixInsight 1.8.9-1 and MacOS 12.3.1 on a M1 Max MacBook Pro. The script seemed to install and download OK but after I restarted PixInsight the star reduction script does not appear in Scripts. I have tried to delete and reinstall but it says no updates. I would really appreciate some help. Thanks.

Last edited:
I am also having problems on MacOS. I am running PixInsight 1.8.9-1 and MacOS 12.3.1 on a M1 Max MacBook Pro. The script seemed to install and download OK but after I restarted PixInsight the star reduction script does not appear in Scripts. I have tried to delete and reinstall but it says no updates. I would really appreciate some help. Thanks.
Hi! I'll take a look today

I've fixed the updates repository so now newer version of PI sees the script. It will be shown as a repository without a signature, but you'll be able to ignore that warning and proceed with install.
I'm gonna be working on providing the correct signature now.

Back