Star De-emphasizer Script (Adam Block's star reduction method)

astroswell

Dec 20, 2020
For some odd reason on MAC OS, I'm having a hard time again with changing the preview. Are you clicking and moving two fingers, just moving two fingers, something else ? I'm tried many combinations but no success.
could you please specify the version of the script, PI and mac os. I'll take a look a it

astroswell

Dec 20, 2020
For some odd reason on MAC OS, I'm having a hard time again with changing the preview. Are you clicking and moving two fingers, just moving two fingers, something else ? I'm tried many combinations but no success.
So, I checked on my side and seems working fine. When the images are selected first time select preview area looks like this:
1621770186842.png
Scrolling(moving two fingers up and down) makes green rectangle smaller or bigger:
1621770252595.png
Clicking with one finger makes it move to the desired point:
1621770305705.png

freed

Mar 6, 2017
I went with brut force, restarted mac and pixinsight and it worked. Thanks

ajnilsen

Oct 28, 2020
Hi....
Great script! I tried it for the first time a couple of days ago and it worked fine (PI 1.8.8-9 and script v0.2.1). However, when I again tried to use the script today, I could process the preview, but when trying to continue with the full image, this error message appeared:

Attempt to execute a Script instance recursively (view context).
Sorry, but this is not supported in current PixInsight versions.

So, something is wrong, but I cannot figure out wat. I have done no update since the script worked, so this is strange...

Any suggestions?

best
Alf J.