Star alignment crash

MBalkham

Hi there, attempting a star alignment on an 11 panel mosaic. Have star aligned a rough mosaic and am now aligning register/union separate each of the individual panels ahead of a gradient merge mosaic. Each successful panel is 9GB (29,000 x 25,000 pixels). 7 of the 11 panels have worked so far but the 8th has crashed 4 times at the same point (after the star alignment at the point of thin plate splines distortion correction).

Running 1.8.8-5 on a 2013 MacBook Pro (16GB Ram i7 processor). Scored about 5000 on benchmark. Have +100GB space on the internal SSD.

Previously worked when the panel was only 10 tiles (individual files were only 6GB).

Any ideas?

Attachments

• Crash report.pdf
    482.1 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
I found a work around by star aligning the problematic panel to the adjacent aligned panel rather than the master 'rough mosaic'. Seems to work but I don't know why the crash

i can't comment on the crash but the current best practice for mosaics is to use the MosaicByCoordinates script to generate the input files for GMM.

rob

edit: actually i think juan may have debugged a SA crash similar to this, i need to find the thread. regardless MBC is the right way to do this for the best quality results.

Back