Some unfair comments

wadeh237 said:
Ruediger said:
BTW it was only my personal opinion and experience. In the end Juan has to decide and try it out himself, so there is absolute no need to start a discussion. It was only to give some perspective.
We should focus on supporting Juan as good as we can in the way it helps Juan most - whatever way he goes. ?

No worries.  My response was my personal opinion as well, to add a counter point for additional thought.

I think that we are mostly in agreement, especially in your last sentence above.

Absolutely  ^-^ ?

As a retired software developer and development manager I can say this: there is no such thing as software without bugs. This is especially true for projects deployed on multiple platforms using different versions of operating systems  and hardware configurations.  If someone is expecting no faults in technology then they should not be using it.

However,  the rest of us understand there will be glitches and being responsible users of technology we must work together with support teams and the community to work towards solutions.  This is how we move forward rather than stand still. Testing can at best help to mitigate against frequent problems but it can never fully eliminate issues.

To those who complain,  step forward and be part of the solution or stay out of the way.

Dale

dchamberlain said:
As a retired software developer and development manager I can say this: there is no such thing as software without bugs. This is especially true for projects deployed on multiple platforms using different versions of operating systems  and hardware configurations.  If someone is expecting no faults in technology then they should not be using it.

However,  the rest of us understand there will be glitches and being responsible users of technology we must work together with support teams and the community to work towards solutions.  This is how we move forward rather than stand still. Testing can at best help to mitigate against frequent problems but it can never fully eliminate issues.

To those who complain,  step forward and be part of the solution or stay out of the way.

Dale

+1 also a software developer and IT director in the commercial main frame sector

Juan,

Please know that there are a host of your users, myself especially included, who would not know what to do without you and your continuing efforts to improve your awesome product.  As you know, I have been producing a PI workbook for years now and continue to get requests for it from new users regularly who are discovering everything PI has to offer.

As a user for years now, I would also welcome the opportunity to do any beta testing that may be necessary.

As others have said already, those who appreciate your efforts scoff at those who, without any understanding of all you do, question updates that continue to make PI the only real option for serious astrophotographers.

Best regards,

Jim 

Mmmm ...
Perhaps these negative statements are a result of the these people getting their equipment positioned where the Sun doesn't shine!
As other forum members have stated the majority are very grateful, legitimate users that have the patience and knowledge to not be bothered about such things.
One only has to look at the end results in the gallery.

Keep up the great work!

Back