Sky plot (like on Astrobin)?

Hi,

Is there a way to generate a "sky plot", like the ones on Astrobin, where you can see your equipment's FoV as part of plate solving your image?

Like this:

Screenshot 2021-11-30 at 21.25.16.png

Cheers,
// Åke

Hi @aliljenberg,
I didn't resist this nice idea of creating these Sky Maps..... so please find here my first version of a script called Sky Map Annotator (download it here) that you can use to do it. The usage is quite simple and you can also tune a few parameters (no GUI at the moment).

Find a 1-minute demo here on my YouTube channel:

I hope you like it as I do :)
Robyx

FYI: A new FindingChart tool is planned for release with the same implementation I have used for AstroBin. I wanted to include it with 1.8.8-11 but had no time.

Hi @aliljenberg,
I didn't resist this nice idea of creating these Sky Maps..... so please find here my first version of a script called Sky Map Annotator (download it here) that you can use to do it. The usage is quite simple and you can also tune a few parameters (no GUI at the moment).

Robyx
Thanks Robyx, I'll try it out!
Cheers, Åke

Hi @aliljenberg,

Robyx
Hi Robox,
I followed your video and the first step works, but when I try to open the GridAndConstellationAnnotation file I get the following:
Screenshot 2021-12-01 at 20.44.00.png

Hi Robox,
I followed your video and the first step works, but when I try to open the GridAndConstellationAnnotation file I get the following:
View attachment 12788
are you double-clicking on it or dragging it into PI? you cal also explicitly load the icon wight-clicking on the work space and navigate to the menu entry that loads the process icons as depicted here:

loadProcessIcons.png

are you double-clicking on it or dragging it into PI? you cal also explicitly load the icon wight-clicking on the work space and navigate to the menu entry that loads the process icons as depicted here:

View attachment 12789
Hi,

I've tried different options but I'm not able to load it.
When I try what you suggest "Process Icons -> Load Process Icons..." nothing at all happens (and no process icon is loadad).

Check other workspaces, in my case it is loaded in the last workspace, so if your image is in a different one you may miss it :)

Check other workspaces, in my case it is loaded in the last workspace, so if your image is in a different one you may miss it :)
Thanks karolbe, for some reason the icon file ends up in another workspace.
But when I move it to my working workspace and drop it onto the generated image I now get this:
Screenshot 2021-12-02 at 18.19.32.png

Thanks karolbe, for some reason the icon file ends up in another workspace.
But when I move it to my working workspace and drop it onto the generated image I now get this:
View attachment 12795
Double click on the process icon. Then delete the MDF checksum string. You should then be able to run it.
This error occurs when a process icon refers to a previous version of a script.

Back