SHO-AIP Update Version 1.2.6 - 27th May

dave_galera

After quite an absence SHO-AIP is being re-released at version 1.1.4 after extensive work so the script now conforms to PI standards and has been comprehensively tested with PI version 1.8.8-5 by the original authors, Laurent & Philippe.

I have undertaken the work on behalf of Laurent & Philippe as they currently are unable to make the necessary changes, and you can download it from here:

Latest version 1.2.6

Attachments

• SHO-AIP-v1.2.6.zip
    84.4 KB · Views: 3,644
Last edited:
Thank you David to get this script up to date.
Great job to adapt to new Pix standards.
Hope Juan will include the script in the release.

Hi Dave and Philippe,

This certainly looks much better. I see no important issues, so I think there are no problems to include this script in the official PixInsight distribution from now on.

If you don't mind, and given that the script is being released under PCL license, I'll upload it to our official GitLab open-source repository. This will make all necessary revision and future management work much easier for us. I'll let you know when I have it ready for release.

Thank you for your support and nice work!

Juan Conejero said:
Hi Dave and Philippe,

This certainly looks much better. I see no important issues, so I think there are no problems to include this script in the official PixInsight distribution from now on.

If you don't mind, and given that the script is being released under PCL license, I'll upload it to our official GitLab open-source repository. This will make all necessary revision and future management work much easier for us. I'll let you know when I have it ready for release.

Thank you for your support and nice work!

Hi Juan,

Quick question.......how do we then implement future releases/bug fixes etc, do we have to notify you of any updates?.....what is the process?

Hi Dave,

The normal way is to send a merge request to our GitLab repository each time you want to change the code, or if you have a new version that you want to contribute. You should have a GitLab account (it's free) to do this. Typically, you have your own version of the code on your local machine, which you use for development, keeping it synchronized with the official version. Then when you want to contribute some changes you send a merge request. The request is analyzed and merged with the official repository if there are no problems. This is the usual open-source collaborative procedure. The main advantage of this scheme is that everything is transparent and basically automatic to keep all of the source code up-to-date and coherent.

The official PJSR repository is here, where you'll find the source code of most scripts included in the official distribution.

Thanks Juan for that, yes I am aware of the official PJSR repository and I already use GitLab, ( https://gitlab.com/qdigital/pixinsight-pjsr/tree/master/AIP/SHO-AIP ),  I just wasn't sure whether you allowed outside developers access to your repository, the Git merge process is perfect.

I assume you will need my GitLab user name and email address so you can add me to your repository, I will PM you these.

I am asking for help from anybody who regularly uses the SHO-AIP script.

Do any of you have any written information or transcripts of the French videos that they can send me as I am trying to create SHO-AIP documentation to include with the script.

Anything you have would be helpful.......thanks

Reactions: RB3
Zhao Qi said:
Good job, Thanks! Do HaRVB and LRVB have any updated plans?

Sorry for late reply, but currently we have no plans to re-release either HaRVB or LRVB scripts.

The SHO script is already a very comprehensive utility and is capable of:
- Working with linear or non-linear images;
- Creating synthetic luminance from any 3 images (minimum of two required);
- Adding R image to an Ha image for HaRGB, then add the result to G and B giving an HaRGB image;
- Adding L image to R, G and B images giving the LRGB;
- Mixing of any images to an RGB result (linear or non-linear) i.e. you can mix R, G, B, Ha, SII, OIII, NII (or Hbeta) to any combination.

So are HaRVB and LRVB scripts really necessary?

Your view on this would be appreciated......

Reactions: RB3
dave_galera said:
I am asking for help from anybody who regularly uses the SHO-AIP script.

Do any of you have any written information or transcripts of the French videos that they can send me as I am trying to create SHO-AIP documentation to include with the script.

Anything you have would be helpful.......thanks

Hi, thank you for the job.
I don't understand your question, could you say more about thoses videos  ?

I have read somewhere on the forum that someone has translated some French videos into English, however, I cannot find the Videos or the translations, if anybody knows where these can be located I would appreciate it, thank you.

Humm ok. I'm french so if I can help...

I don't know wich videos have been translated, sorry

When I try to open this script i receive an error

run --execute-mode=auto "C:/Program Files/PixInsight/src/scripts/SHO-AIP.js"

Processing script file: C:/Program Files/PixInsight/src/scripts/SHO-AIP.js
*** Error: *** Error: C:/Program Files/PixInsight/src/scripts/SHO-AIP.js, line 89: include file not found: gbr.jsh

Did i add this script wrong or forget something?

Help please.

dave_galera said:
Zhao Qi said:
Good job, Thanks! Do HaRVB and LRVB have any updated plans?

Sorry for late reply, but currently we have no plans to re-release either HaRVB or LRVB scripts.

The SHO script is already a very comprehensive utility and is capable of:
- Working with linear or non-linear images;
- Creating synthetic luminance from any 3 images (minimum of two required);
- Adding R image to an Ha image for HaRGB, then add the result to G and B giving an HaRGB image;
- Adding L image to R, G and B images giving the LRGB;
- Mixing of any images to an RGB result (linear or non-linear) i.e. you can mix R, G, B, Ha, SII, OIII, NII (or Hbeta) to any combination.

So are HaRVB and LRVB scripts really necessary?

Your view on this would be appreciated......

Ok, I got it, Thank you.

The latest version 1.2.0 is available in the head post.
The main changes:
a. revised button locations
b. it is now no longer a requirement to re-start the script after creating a Luminance, it is now automatically added to the listed files

Hi dave

I am in the team with Philippe
i wrote this J script on begin, very good job to redesign for new version Pix

if you start 2 times the script you have an error, i fix it, it's during pre-load pictures

i change version to 1.2.2

Again thank you for your job

Capture.JPG

Attachments

• SHO-AIP-v1.2.2.zip
    17.5 KB · Views: 260
Last edited:
The latest version 1.2.2 is available in the head post.
The main changes:
a. bug fixes

(Thanks Laurent for the fixes)

Back