Sh2-101-FIRST LIGHT for my 10" RC at last....

JPetruzzi

In May, I somehow managed to acquire an iOptron Photron 10" truss-tube Ritchey–Chrétien scope, which like most scopes has been backordered in perpetuity. :) My reward was 3 months of gale-force winds at my observing location, but I FINALLY got to point her at the sky and I'm very pleased with the result. Here's Sh2-101, shot straight-CFA color, besides the usual I did a quick-and-dirty star reduction using Starnet and an inverted range mask. Am going to attempt a starless version at some point. Tech details: scope as above, w/Apex ED-L .65x focal reducer (1300mm f/5.2) and my horribly overworked but valiant CGEM mount, ZWO ASI533MC-Pro w/IR cut, 2h 16 min total integration time. Captured in NINA (love native XSIF support) and processed of course in PixInsight.
19_Tulip_Nebula_Finalsm.jpg

Last edited:
this is a GSO RC, right? it looks extremely well collimated! nice work.
Thanks! Yes....I'm extremely pleased with the build quality...collimation was no problem w/a Howie Glatter laser + concentric circle attachment, and so far its held for a few trips up and down the mountain. I've got a 3" feathertouch on there to replace the stock focuser which was a bit substandard, but the optics and truss tube are beautiful....especially for 1/3rd the cost of a Planewave :)

yeah it definitely needs an aftermarket focuser. when dialed in they are great scopes. you're going to have a lot of fun with this, it works great with the reducer.

rob

Back