Saving/restoring partial project files?

ihowarth

Am i right in thinking that project files are 'all-or-nothing'? Very often -- especially when working on mosaics -- i yearn to be able to save a single workspace. And wouldn't a non-destructive way of restoring a project (that is, reading in and adding to, not closing down, currently open files) be great? Notwithstanding the obvious (but hardly insuperable) problem of potential duplicate identifiers...

Yea, there are work-rounds -- save the full project, close all the workspaces bar one, save the now single-workspace project, restore the full project -- but is there no less clunky way? And no work-round that i know of for reading in a project non-destructively...but i'd be delighted to be shown to be wrong :)

you can selectively turn off workspaces when saving a project, but i don't think there is a way to merge in a project to your current workspace. so when you load that single-workspace project, all the other PI workspaces will be empty.

Ooo, yes, the workspace-selection option is staring me right in the face <sigh>. Thanks for pointing that out.
Maybe Santa will bring us the merge option on restore...

Back