Running Ver 1.8.8.7 Staralign Keeps failing

steven011965

I have a series of images, that I calibrated with darks/bias/cosmetic correction. The individual images look good visually. However, when I try to align them it fails. I did a manual align and then tried to staralign, but that failed as well. It starts out picking lots of "putative" star matches, then starts saying no matches found or only 5 pairs found. The images were taken by a friend of mine using my ASI6200MC camera and a Meade .63 focal reducer. I was able to staralign a previous set he did on M42. Not sure what is going on here.

I even tried on the images before doing any calibrations, same issue. Not sure what is going on.

Images are here:

Both the raws, master dark, master bias and the manually aligned images. What is interesting is if I use a master flat, it turns all the corners white? Never had that happen before. Perhaps I have gone mad :)!

I have tried every combination I can think of. A friend of mine who took these images was able to align them using a really old version of PixInsight.

Perhaps it could be done using the preview option to align. But that s like 38 images I would have to open and make a preview for in the exact same spot. I was able to earlier staralign a set of M42 images that he had take earlier with the same set up.

At a loss, the manual align had no issues finding the target stars when I selected on the reference image.

The Optlong Lenhance filter was used for these images. I also notice he has a lot of coma at the edges and some oblong stars (not many and also toward the edges). His scope is in dire need of a collimation.

Would like to know why these images will not auto align. This way I/he can avoid this situation again.

Any help is appreciated.

I finally got it to process. I think I messed up somewhere on the images when processing. I wiped out everything and started from scratch and it then worked.

Back