RGB Integrated Subexposures are Monochrome

reggiej42

I corrected, calibrated, aligned and integrated separate RGB sub exposures, but the RGB integrated masters are grayscale, and when I do RGB combine, it errors saying there is no color channels to combine. Not sure where to go from here.

well, it sounds like you forgot to debayer the files. this should be done after calibration.

rob

Well, the data isn't from a one shot color camera; was from a monochrome camera with filters. I haven't had to debayer subs from this kind of set up before.

i guess it was not clear from your description... but yes if it is a mono camera then no debayering is necessary. are you sure the filters actually changed between R, G and B subexposures? there is a chance all your subs came from the same filter.

rob

My data is from Telescope Live, so I really don't know for sure but you've confirmed my primary suspicion. I wanted to make sure I didn't do something wrong before asking them about it. Thanks for the help.

Reggie

if you want to post your masters i might be able to tell if they are thru different filters or whether or not you just need a saturation boost, or what.

rob

Thanks - I went back and reprocessed the files from the beginning and got everything to work. Not sure what my mistake was in the first place but apparently I didn't repeat it.

Back