Rev 1.8.4

tloebl

I'm having multiple issues with rev 1.8.5. The last one is that PI crashes out with a fault issue for reasons that I have not found a pattern yet. I have to reboot the PC to use it again. I, unfortunately, deleted V1.8.4 a while ago.  I'm surprised Juan does not make earlier versions available for download at the PI download site.  Could someone post a copy of 1.8.4 on dropbox or some other similar method for me to download?  Until all the bugs are worked out, at least I will be able to run PI.

Appreciate any help,
Tom

Attachments

• Screen Shot 08-06-17 at 06.29 PM.PNG
    Screen Shot 08-06-17 at 06.29 PM.PNG
    18.6 KB · Views: 43
Hi Tom,

Sorry - posting copies of PixInsight 'anywhere' in the public domain contravenes your PI license, and would be very much frowned upon by Juan and the PI Team.

Further, think about 'how' you got your copy of PixInsight in the first place - all copies (even the free trial versions) are only available by secure, authorised, acess to a repositiry allocated to an individual only. And all PixInsight software is therefore traceable, in perpetuity, back to that original user.

So, it would be highly inadvisable to transfer your code to anyone else, by any means, for any reason, at any time (now, or in the future, free or otherwise) - Juan is a really nice guy, until his licensing conditions are broken  :police:

That said, you are obviously having issues - and this is the best place to raise them. Perhaps the better thing to do is for you to post one of your troublesome FITS files on the likes of Dropbox, and then see if others can open them.

I am not having fits file issues, the program is crashing  unpredictably after a few minutes of running. I just uninstalled and reinstalled it and it still crashes after a few minutes. I am asking Juan or the powers that be to post a previous version. I am licensed and can document that.

Cheers

Hi Tom, please publish this in the Bug Report section of the forum that is more likely that Juan see it.
Please, also give all the possible information about your OS an the action you were doing when it crashed.
Also try to open different images or make a different process to try to isolate the problem.
Saludos, Alejandro.

Hi Tom,

This is a known problem with Windows versions older than Windows 10. You have to install an update from Microsoft's website to solve it:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2999226/update-for-universal-c-runtime-in-windows

Other users have reported that just installing this update fixes this issue. Please note that we have not originated this problem; it's a Windows configuration error.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks Juan and Alejandro for the response,

I had already installed the Windows 7  update yesterday as recommended by Gerald. That fixed one issue.

The other issue: After closing PI, the process was still active and I had to use  Task Manager to shut it down manually before being able to relaunch PI. I just received a PI update this morning that seemed to solve this issue.

I will continue to test...

Tom

Back