Removing Calibrated, Registered files....

Emanuele

HI all....
this might be my last post here because I might be banned from the board after asking this  ;D Just kidding ...... i hope!

I was wondering if it could be useful to have a button that enables the purging of the "temporary" files.
Meaning - instead of having a button that enables Overwrite in the ImageCalibration module, why not have a button that enables the automatic cancellation of the Registered files? So we end up with just the Master Stack  for example and save a bunch of space?

Bad idea?

E.

+1 me too. I also remove all reprocucable intermediate data. Especially if a single image is more than 256MB each.

You're talking about the batch processing or in general? I wanted to do this also, but I got all tangled p in what is a temporary file. At first I thought you went through _c (calibrated), _cc (cosmetic), _a (subframe approved), _r (aligned) and figured I could delete anything but the _r and still rerun integration. Not. Drizzle in particular reaches back to (I think) at least _a, maybe _r also. I'm not sure if anything goes back to _c or _cc.

it's less than obvious to me what's "temporary". I'm not disagreeing with you at all, just saying I'm even more confused.

By the way, don't assume you can test this easily -- I deleted some and it worked, then realized they were coming from the cache. You have to clear the file cache if you want to know if a file is actually needed (by deleting it first).

Back