Registering CometAligned RGB comet masters to each other

This is my first comet effort, and I'm stuck with an alignment issue with the results of CometAlignment. I have been working on data for comet 67P that I took the other night. My data includes R,G and B subs that I have already calibrated and registered. I know the easy way is to use a OSC camera, but I don't have one and I was up for the challenge.

I have been using CometAlignment and ImageIntegration and have been successful with creating a set of masters for the stars and the comet for each of the three filters:

StarMaster_R
StarMaster_G
StarMaster_B
CometMaster_R
CometMaster_G
CometMaster_B

I have a Luminance set, but I left it out of the picture to keep things *simpler* until I figured this out.

Problem is, when I blink through the three CometMasters, the comet is not in the same place. I'm sure the missing element is the use of a Reference somewhere in the CometAlignment process, but I can't figure out where or how I would do that, or even if that is how I'd end up with comet masters registered to each other.

Any insight would be helpful! Thank you.

Bill

Hello BillyBoyBoy, perhaps I can help you (I may have solved my own question LOL)

So CometAlignment apparently does the alignment on comet-only images. I loaded all three masters (R, G and B) into CA and made the core placement on the images it had for first and last. Ran Blink on the results et voila!

Good job!

Bill

Back