Readout Mode Window Opens on Wrong Monitor

I am experiencing a small issue with PI... The Readout Mode window opens on the wrong monitor in my 3-monitor display system . I am running PI (Version 1.8.8-7 Ripley x64) on a Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga X390 laptop running Windows 10 Pro X64, with an Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8665U CPU @ 1.90 GHz processor and 16.0 GB of RAM. The laptop is connected to two external HP EliteDisplay E231 monitors via a Plugable UD-6950 docking station. The laptop sits on the far right and the two external monitors sits two the left of the laptop.

When I open and use PI directly on my the laptop screen, the Readout Mode window opens within the PI window (see enclosed image, PI_ReadoutModeWindow_02). However when I open and use PI on one of the two external HP monitors, the Readout Mode window only opens on the far left side of the laptop screen (see enclosed image, PI_ReadoutModeWindow_01) and I can find no way to "drag and drop" it into the the PI window workspace on the external monitors. It is usable but annoying, because the size of the Readout Mode window on the laptop screen is small and hard to read. I would appreciate any suggestions on how to solve this issue.... Please note, when I open any of the PI processes or scripts, they may initially open on the laptop screen, but I can easily "drag and drop" them into the PI window, when PI is open on either of the the external monitors.

Attachments

• PI_ReadoutModeWindow_01.jpg
    PI_ReadoutModeWindow_01.jpg
    432.1 KB · Views: 50
  • PI_ReadoutModeWindow_02.jpg
    PI_ReadoutModeWindow_02.jpg
    528 KB · Views: 42
are your monitors logically above the laptop screen? i think juan has said that only side-by-side configurations are supported.

rob

Sorry for my very slow reply... I only just now saw that I had received a reply to this posting. My monitors are side-by-side. Here is a picture demonstrating my work station setup, two 23-in monitors and my laptop, all side-by-side. As you can see in the picture, the Readout window stays stuck along the left-hand border of my laptop when the Readout cursor is positioned over the image in PixInsight, which is open in the other monitor. It is rather annoying.

20230202_150015.jpg
Is there some way to force the Readout window to stay open, even when the cursor is not positioned over the image in PixInsight? If the Readout window would stay open, I could just drag and drop it into the Pixinsight window, like any other "floating window".

Back