Raw CR2 files won’t load

Drwazza

Hi team,
Probably answered in another thread but quite frankly don’t have the time to spend searching.
I am currently on a 45 day trial and working through tutorials to evaluate the program on my images. I loaded one set of subs fine (109)the other night however, I have started another project tutorial and my canon raw images won’t load following the previous process. I noticed the pixinsight icon has replaced the tiny preview in the file list but the file is still a .cr2.
When I try to load the error in the process window says in red
Error:LibRow:Null raw image ddone

Tried File:Open but No supported/valid image in file
Then File Explorer, And get same response as above.
The preview window shows the image when selected.
Any ideas please?
Thanks in advance

look at the left hand tabs, click Format Explorer and then see if there is an entry for RAW. if that is missing for some reason, PI won't be able to load CR2 or NEF files.

if it is missing, and you are running windows, there's a chance your antivirus corrupted the PI installation.

rob

Hi Rob,
Thanks for your reply.
Unfortunately did that already I was careful to check the format tab and selected raw then pure raw. I am running a MAC with the latest ios.
The raw files I used with my first project still show the little preview icon before the file name however, the files that won’t open now have the pixinsight icon assigned to them?

very strange to see this kind of problem on OSX, but 10.15 has put in so many new security features that there is a chance the OS is preventing libRAW from being loaded by PI.

i still run 10.13 so i have not seen many of these problems.

i dont know the significance of the icon problem but it does seem related to libRAW not being able to open the files.

i dont know what to suggest other than to try rebooting the machine or maybe deleting and reinstalling pixinsight.

rob

Thanks Rob,
I have tried a restart but that hand zero effect.
I will check the permission settings, I did notice that when I “get info” for any of these files I see the padlock is locked at the bottom, is this a consequence of the permissions?
I will have to wait until after work tonight to implement your suggestions.
thanks again.

hmm a padlock on a file indicates that it is read-only... maybe that is the problem. you can try clicking the padlock to fix the permissions back to writable for your account...

are the files on a fileserver or just on your hard disk?

rob

The files are sitting on the hardrive like all the rest. I have processed them previously through the workflow, camera raw:stacker:photoshop and thought I would compare the image with that processed through pixinsight, before making the purchase and that’s where it all went horribly wrong.
Warren

I think I have solved the problem.
It seems to be a associated with my 5D IV canon raw files not my 60D canon raw files. My 5D raw wont open. Is there a format setting that can be changed for the output on the 5D camera? This is my next issue.

Back