Quick Advices to Work with the new SpectrophotometricColorCalibration tool

Although the Optolong L-Pro is on the "Curve Explorer" (CE) list, it is not obvious (from the documentation) how to use it. Is this the correct process:
  • in CE, find and select the best match to your camera R filter
  • in CE, find and Ctrl-click the Optolong L-Pro ("PAN") filter
  • click on the View attachment 16545 icon to combine and create and name a new combined R filter
  • repeat for G and B filters
  • select the combined filters from the R, G, B dropdowns
Hi,

Yes. But, after doing that, you need to export your custom filter database and then you need to go to SPCC preferences and select your database así the default one. This way, next time you start PixInsight SPCC will load it.

Anyway, just to make everything easier, in the latest update we released a list of combo filters that combine this type of filters with Sony and Canon color sensors. We'll be adding more in the future.

Any update on this ? How can I get L-Extreme into this? My image of M42 coming out red/Orangish :-(
Hi,

Think that OSC cameras does not completely separate the different emissions in each primary color. Please use the combo filters in the filter list. If this does not get the colors you want, then probably you need another of our tools for calibrating your color. But it does not mean SPCC is not working properly.

Hi,

Yes. But, after doing that, you need to export your custom filter database and then you need to go to SPCC preferences and select your database así the default one. This way, next time you start PixInsight SPCC will load it.

Anyway, just to make everything easier, in the latest update we released a list of combo filters that combine this type of filters with Sony and Canon color sensors. We'll be adding more in the future.
I don't understand how to do this I'm afraid. I have a OSC with an IMX571 sensor and I use that with a L Extreme filter.

So should I select each on then combine them into a new filter? Then what do I do?

1676386171060.png

I think you just select the "R" channel combination for the R channel, the "G" combination for the G channel, and the "B" combination for the B channel. All the Sony QE and OSC RGB filter characteristics are rolled together with the L-eXtreme in these three options.

I think you just select the "R" channel combination for the R channel, the "G" combination for the G channel, and the "B" combination for the B channel. All the Sony QE and OSC RGB filter characteristics are rolled together with the L-eXtreme in these three options.
Ah, I now see they are already included in the dropdowns. So I assume this is the right setup for my case? Thank you Fred

1676390187298.png

Check the documentation, but I think the camera QE is included in the channel filter, in which case you should select the "Ideal" QE curve.

Hello all,
I read early in this thread that using narrowband mode is the way to use the L-Ultimate filter. Is this also the way to approach using SPCC for the Radian Ultra Quadband Narrowband filter? I couldn't find it in the SPCC choices. If so, where would I find the band passes to use? Since there it is a Quadband how do you use that with R, G and B channels? Thank you in advance for your insight.

Clear Skies!
Dave

I read early in this thread that using narrowband mode is the way to use the L-Ultimate filter.
Now that the L Ultimate filter is added to the RGB dropdowns, I think it's better to use RGB mode and select those filters (as I have done in post #45 with my L Extreme).

Now that the L Ultimate filter is added to the RGB dropdowns, I think it's better to use RGB mode and select those filters (as I have done in post #45 with my L Extreme).
Agreed, I was wondering if anyone had experience with the Radian Ultra Tirad Quadband filter and SPCC.

Thanks,
Dave

I'm trying to hop back on the SPCC train and keep running into file error messages
I've got the proper files selected:
Screenshot 2023-02-17 at 9.19.08 PM.png

In trying to verify proper operation I get these error messages:
Screenshot 2023-02-17 at 9.29.14 PM.png

And when trying to run SPCC I get this error message:

Screenshot 2023-02-17 at 9.32.14 PM.png

I'm running P.I. on a Mac - are there any known issues with file locations on Ventura 13.1?

Thanks, Dave

Have you tried running the FITSHeader process on one of your original lights files (from before stacking) and dragging its results to the stacked file you are processing? Then you can use ImageSolver with the stacked image.

Running the same search globally I get:
1679579881258.png

Have you tried a simple global search like this to check the GAIA setup. You don't have to specify an output file - just untick "generate text output".
In trying to verify proper operation I get these error messages:
I'm not sure what you were doing here: trying to verify proper operation of what (process) on what (file/view).

for galaxy work I use the Optolong L Pro filter with my Sony IMX571 colour sensor. This filter is not currently included in SPCC.

Would it be possible to add it please?

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 71
That is probably the problem. I will download all and see if that works. Or is there a recommended number of Gaia files to download?

I assumed that the first included them all. Downloading now, and I'll try it after I have sufficient files.

Thanks all for the help.

Note thet the "Small" (four files) set is not a subset of the "Full" (twenty files) subset. You need to select one or the other (that is, the four files in the small set are not the first four files in the full set).

Back