Purchasing PI without VAT

Hello from Italy,
I tried to buy PI but it is impossible to remove VAT from the total amount.
I have my own italian VAT id and I need the invoice.
I tried to contact PI support by web form without answers...
Could anyone help me?
TIA

Cristiano

Hi Cristiano, welcome to the forum. I don't know about EU legislation but this information from FAQ could help.

The price of a commercial PixInsight license is 230 Euros for users from non-EU countries. Users from EU member countries must pay their respective VAT rates, that is, the final price for an EU user is 230.00 EUR plus the VAT rate applicable in his or her country. See this page for detailed information on the European legislation that forces us to apply VAT rates this way.

If you want to know the price of a commercial PixInsight license in other currencies (e.g., USD), you can use a real-time universal currency converter such as xe.com. As of updating this FAQ entry (April 2016), the price of a commercial PixInsight license is 260 USD approximately.

Saludos, Alejandro.

Hi Alejandro,

Thanks for your replay. For Italian customers, the price of PI will be 230 Euros + 22% Italian VAT = 280,60 Euros but in this
case the receipt must be issued from an Italian company. For Germany customers  the price will be 230 + 20% VAT but the receipt must be issued from a German company etc.
Pleiades Astrophoto, S.L. is coming from Spain, so VAT % will be the Spanish for all EU people.
I have my own VAT id so I need the invoice without VAT and the final price will be 230 Euros. I have not found how
to buy the software in this way. Paypal add VAT amount automatically.
Ciao,

Cristiano

Hi Cristiano,

Our apologies for taking so long to answer your request. We have already sent you the necessary information to purchase your license without VAT from an EU member country, provided you have a registered EU VAT number for your company.

Pleiades Astrophoto, S.L. is coming from Spain, so VAT % will be the Spanish for all EU people.

Unfortunately, *very* unfortunately, this is not the case since January 2015:

https://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/business/vat/telecommunications-broadcasting-electronic-services_en

For all licenses purchased from the EU, we are now legally obliged to apply the VAT rate corresponding to each EU member country, which means that we have multiplied an important part of our unavoidable bureaucratic work by 28. Thank you, European Commission!

Hello

I would to buy a copy of Pixinsight without VAT, can you send me a e-mail with instruction to do this? I'm VAT owner

Thanks

Giuliano

Hello,

I would like to buy the licence of Pixinsight without VAT, can you send me a e-mail with instruction to do this, please? My own company from Czech republic has VAT number.

Thanks,
Radek

Hello,

my name is Omar and I have my own VAT id, as well. I tried asking for instructions on how to purchase PixInsight without the tax using the Contact Us form, but I haven't received any information.

Could you kindly give me instructions on how to proceed so that I can buy the license?

Thank you and kind regards,
Omar

Hi! I'm using the trial license and assuming I will purchase one after this period. I live in Canary Island and, according this directive, VAT cannot be applied on my region (See TITLE II, Article 6 , 1b here). How can I proceed?

Thanks in advance!

Hello,
I sent two messages regarding this topic and also didn't get any response. Can someone from the PI team respond and explain how I can buy a PI license without included VAT?

Thanks

Back