Program not responding constantly

CRWPhoto

I recently updated to the newest version of PI.  Everything works perfectly (and some things better) but I am always getting the "not responding" when the program computes something memory intensive.  Such as creating a star mask or saving a project.  By not responding I mean the entire screen goes opaque and the mouse pointer spins the blue circle.  Eventually it will work itself out and get back on track and I have not had the program actually crash or stay in that state of not responding... but it does  happen every single time I ask it to do something intensive. 

BTW- I'm running this on a machine with Intel i7-3840QM CPU and 32G of RAM and never had this problem with the previous version of PI.  Just wondering if this is a potential bug or is there a setting I can change somewhere that effects how resources are utilized. 

Thank you!

Attachments

• notresponding.JPG
    notresponding.JPG
    151.6 KB · Views: 45
Hi, old old thread but did you fix this?? mines doing it now and its really bugging me and cant get answers.

try this...Save your work/project and then go to "Edit" ---> "Global Preferences" ---> "Directories and Network" and make a note of the "Swap Storage Directories". Exit PixInsight and then using "File Explorer" navigate to the "Swap Storage Directories" and delete all the files. Now start PixInsight. Things might be a little slow as PixInsight has to re-cache everything, but it might fix the problem...

spaceisnotblack
John

try this...Save your work/project and then go to "Edit" ---> "Global Preferences" ---> "Directories and Network" and make a note of the "Swap Storage Directories". Exit PixInsight and then using "File Explorer" navigate to the "Swap Storage Directories" and delete all the files. Now start PixInsight. Things might be a little slow as PixInsight has to re-cache everything, but it might fix the problem...

spaceisnotblack
John
Thank you John ill give this a shot. Clear skies

Back