Problems importing Canon EOS RP CR3 RAW

tonwert

Hello,

I´m testing on a 45 trial version PI. Since two days I´m trying to import and process CR3 Raw from my Canon EOS RP.

The Batch Preprocessing set to CFA is not working at all and will fail with warning message after each frame

** Warning: No convergence in MRS noise evaluation routine - using
> K-sigma noise estimate.

and finally

registered/IMG_0028_c_d_r.xisf: Zero or insignificant
> signal detected (empty image?)
>
> <* failed *>
>
> ************************************************************
>
> * End integration of light frames

And the manually processing by importing Pure Raw and then calibrating, register and processing is losing any RGB information. The final result is gray scale only.

I´m new with PI and I have no idea if I do something wrong or if PI has problems with CR3.

Thanks for support

Rainer

This issue probably is not related to the file format of your EOS RP camera but to wrong settings in image calibration. How do you prepare the MasterDark?

Bernd

This issue probably is not related to the file format of your EOS RP camera but to wrong settings in image calibration. How do you prepare the MasterDark?

Bernd
Hello Bernd,

in the Batch Preprocessing everything is processed automaticaly. I checked few times that Raw import is set to Pure Raw. I select my lights, darks and flats and the rest I expect is done by the batch workflow. Because it failed I try manuall way. I select my Lights, Masterflat and Masterdark in Image-Integration and hit go. There are no much settings possible. If I ckeck my Masterdark, Lights and Masterflat it is grayscale CFA as it should look like. If I check with fitsheader I don´t see any RGB information as well as for final stacked image.

I have the feeling everything starts at the beginning during importing Raw files.

Best regards

Rainer

Last edited:
Can you please upload to a filehoster one light, dark and flat frame each in CR3 format and post the link?

Bernd

I don´t have a filehoster....will prepare. This all is what I would like to avoid. I´m on a 45 day´s trial license with the latest PI version. I´m sitting (waisting) two days in front of my computer strugeling to import my CR3 Raw files either via batch workflow or manually following PI Tutorials and furthermore Youtube. I´m not shure if this is what I`m looking for....forced using a user forum, get the things done which are advirtised as matter of course.

Rainer

Back