Problem opening files

benos67

Good morning!
I have a certain number of files who refuse to open when I directly click on them from the file Explorer. No problem when opening them once in PI. The message is the following:

Capture d’écran 2021-10-19 à 09.34.59.png

Any idea how to solve the problem (beside always opening each file directly in PI, obviously)?
Many thanks and best regards
Philippe

Your screenshot truncates the file path. What is the full path to a problem file? What operating system are you using?

Thanks fredvanner for your reply that brought me to investigate more:
I am using PI IOS on my Imac and the Linux version on my laptop. The conclusion are as follows:
- according to the printscreen joint: any individual Dark file opens flawlessly but the MasterDark does not.
- in the LINUX version the problem is not apparent at all, but only in the Mac version.

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2021-10-20 à 10.14.37.png
    Capture d’écran 2021-10-20 à 10.14.37.png
    119.9 KB · Views: 41
Thanks Bernd, good input, I thought of it too, but the Linux version has no problem opening the files...

but the Linux version has no problem opening the files...
I'm afraid that the rules for interpreting file path strings are different in different operating systems. It is quite clear from the screenshot that the " ' " character has been interpreted as an "end string" matching the opening " " " character, and leaving the rest of the path as an unterminated string. You just need to avoid "problem" characters like this when selecting folder / file names.

fredvanner & bulrichl, thanks for your input, you were both right! The symbol " used for seconds was the troubling character, now removed, everythimg is fine... Thanks again guys for this quick fix.
Best regards.
Philippe

Back