Please help: how to publish a pixinsight script

Juergen Terpe

Hello everybody,

I have implemented a new script to create Hubble palette images from a linear OSC image captured with narrowband filters and this is really just the first idea for a script - I plan to add some more interesting scripts, especially for final image adjustments, to make PixInsight more comfortable. Here is the gitlab link: https://gitlab.com/pixinsight-scripts/OSC2HubblePalette

I want to publish it the same way other scripts are available, however I need to understand how this is done the right way. I already created a local signing key and tested the script using this key, so I used "SigningKeys" and "CodeSign" scripts. Finally, I also used "SubmitCPD" in the hope to get a public key to publish the script. Everything worked so far. Now I'm lost. I don't know what to do as a next step and what needs to be published. I would expect that the download folder must contain the javascript file and key file - which should be created by me when I get some information from the pixinsight team using a new key information available for me as a CPD, right? Or must the folder contain more. Until now I can't download my own repository using "Manage Repositories"/"Check for updates", but at least my local key is available in my own PixInsight, so from my understanding this should already work?

I can't find more information about this topic, maybe someone can help me to find out how this should work?

Thanks in advance,
Jürgen

Hi Jurgen

If you are wanting to publish using your own online repository you will need to acquaint yourself with this document which explains PixInsights update repositories and how to use them. Once you have had a look at that if you have further questions please post them back here and I, or someone else, will surely be happy to help.

We look forward to your scripting contributions!

All the best

Mike

Back