Please, can anyone Help - Using the new subframe selector FITS keyword not being recgonised for Intergration - Thank you in advance

tdriver

Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 11.51.43 am.png
Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 11.52.06 am.png
Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 11.53.14 am.png
Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 11.51.43 am.pngScreen Shot 2020-09-23 at 11.52.06 am.pngScreen Shot 2020-09-23 at 11.53.14 am.png
Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 11.54.11 am.png
Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 11.54.11 am.png

i think the key part of that message is 'invalid weight keyword' - if the weight is 0 that seems like a problem with the weighting expression in SFS. the weight should probably be non-zero for all subframes...

rob

Did you write out "accepted" images from SubframeSelector? By default these will have end in "_a.xisf". Without a deliberate decision on your part to overwrite the input images "_r.xisf", SubframeSelector will not modify them to add the keyword.

Did you write out "accepted" images from SubframeSelector? By default these will have end in "_a.xisf". Without a deliberate decision on your part to overwrite the input images "_r.xisf", SubframeSelector will not modify them to add the keyword.

Hi John,
Do you mean I should change the "a" in the postfix of the "SubframeSelector"
to"r" before outputting the accepted files..?
If I do that I'll have to change my "StarAlignment" postfix to something else as it defaults to "r", or have I totally missunderstood what you said

Screen Shot 2020-09-24 at 4.27.10 am.png

i think John was expecting the files to say _r_a.xisf (for instance, if you ran SFS after alignment.) but from the screenshot i can see you have _a_c_cc_d_r.xisf.

i think since you are running a color camera, the right sequence should be:

calibrate, cosmetic correct, debayer, SFS, register, so _c_cc_d_a_r.xisf should be put into ImageIntegration. i don't think it makes sense to analyze an undebayered frame with SFS. also, it's certainly possible that one of calibration, cosmetic correction or debayering is not carrying the SSWEIGHT keyword forward.

rob

i think John was expecting the files to say _r_a.xisf (for instance, if you ran SFS after alignment.) but from the screenshot i can see you have _a_c_cc_d_r.xisf.

i think since you are running a color camera, the right sequence should be:

calibrate, cosmetic correct, debayer, SFS, register, so _c_cc_d_a_r.xisf should be put into ImageIntegration. i don't think it makes sense to analyze an undebayered frame with SFS. also, it's certainly possible that one of calibration, cosmetic correction or debayering is not carrying the SSWEIGHT keyword forward.

rob
Hi Rob

I tried changing the order to what you suggested (c_cc_d_a_r.xisf) and I get the same message, I think for some reason the subframe selector is not outputting the keyword... I dont really know, I've only been using this program for a about 8 months (and still struggling) and its only since the update that the KEYWORD is missing.

Anyway thank you for you suggestions and Rob thanks for the suggestion pf changing my workflow, I shall be doing that on future projects.

can you post one of the _d.xisf, _d_a.xisf and _d_a_r.xisf files to a file host like google drive and then post the link here?

Back