PJSR Simple Preview Viewport

Enzo De Bernardini

PixInsight Ambassador
It would be great if an object solves all the typical needs of a script preview viewport (particularly zoom and scroll). I have found it a pain very laborious solve it satisfactorily. Perhaps a dedicated object could greatly simplify that task, simplifying the code, making the experience more efficient and consistent, and speeding up overall development ?

Best regards,

Enzo.

yes, a few months ago I developed a personal script using this preview report extracted from the GAME script and I realized that having this component out of the box would be very helpful. Indeed, several user scrips adopt that copy/paste/updated version that requires quite a lot of customization to be embedded and work properly.

By the way, I didn't focus on isolating it but I thought to do it in case I would need it in another script...

so I definitely agree, it would be nice to have it.

Take a look at the AnnotateImage script. Andrés del Pozo wrote an excellent image preview control that we could promote to a standard PJSR component.

Yeap, it's my favorite implementation. It has excellent usability (I tried to study, simplify and adapt for my latest script, but it was too complex ?)

Back