PixInsight wont load after script update. Pixinsight.ini corruption?

pharscape

Last night I accepted an update for the EZ scripts and PixInsight restarted and installed the update as far as I can tell. Today I start PixInsight and it closes immediately with
1633800745943.png

By tortuous process I discovered that this error was raised because some entry in PixInsight.ini was not valid - this is a 6Mbyte text file. Renaming the file and running PixInsight again gave me a very small .ini file (under 1 k), replacing the ini with the original while PixInsight was running seemed to have allowed it to recreate the original file but 5k shorter with default timestamps etc but a full list of my WBPP script configuration.

I have PixInsight running now - just have to change it from the temp swap settings it has.

This cannot be reproduced under normal conditions. Maybe a sporadic disk access error, some filesystem corruption, or some conflict with a third-party application, such as an antivirus program messing with file I/O operations. Also note that we are not responsible for updates downloaded from third-party repositories.

Back