Pixinsight v1.8.5 Batchpreprocessing with ZWO ASI1600

bjaffa

Using Pixinsight 1.8.5 & the batchpreprocessing script  with images acquired with a ZWO ASI1600 camera (16fit) I get the following error on all images (It did work in version 1.8.4, do I need to set up the fits header or somehow specify it is CFA? I have checked the box in the batchpreprocessing for CFA):

Loading target file:
E:/Astro/imageproc/M31_8_31_2017_M/INTE_M/calibrated/light/M31_M3_120sec_1x1__frame11_a_c.xisf
Loading image: w=4656 h=3520 n=1 Gray Float32

*** Error:
*** Error: Unable to acquire CFA pattern information: Unavailable or invalid image properties.

* Applying error policy: Continue on error.
(Note: I use to get similar messages when I used a DSLR but it would still complete the batch process)

it eventually will fail with the following error message:
* Applying error policy: Continue on error.
*** Error: No image could be demosaiced.

* End demosaicing of light frames

It will give me an error message on the screen that it failed the Star Alignment as there was not
target images.

I am a newbie and any help would be appreciated

Brent

Hi Brent,

PixInsight 1.8.5 implements a new automatic CFA pattern detection mode in the Debayer tool and the BatchPreprocessing script (which uses Debayer internally). This mode works perfectly for DSLR raw files. However, FITS files cannot store information on CFA patterns, so you have to select the Bayer pattern of your camera manually in the BPP script. The same is true for the Debayer tool if you use it directly.

Back