PixInsight Resources

Thank you all for the support!, we are very happy with PixInsight Resources and even more knowing it is useful.
More processing examples and contents are coming soon!  ;)

Saludos, Alejandro. 

Alejandro,

If any of the new ones coming along are as good as the background neutralization tutorial, that will be a great addition.  I found that tutorial fascinating.

Best,

Jim

Hi all, updates in PixInsight Resources!  :)

1) New processing examples have been added:

M33 - Image of Steve Herrman published in Image Processing Challenges
M15 - Image of Brane (canevane) publicated in Image Processing Challenges
Jewel Box - A star cluster with the complication of a very bright star on the field.
Conjuntion - One shot image
M104 Sombrero Galaxy

2) New repository!!!

It is possible to add additional repositories to the official ones, to download through updates system new versions of scripts and documentation. PixInsight Resources has now a new repository with unofficial scripts, this feature is specially useful when you recieve a new version of PixInsight and want to quickly restore scripts not yet included in the official distribution that have been published in PixInsight Forum.

To add the respository and download the scripts first see the ManageRepositories video. Once downloaded the scripts, you can choose which ones to add and which ones to remove. (May be you have already installed it from the forum)

If you notice that there is some not included scripts, please let us know and we will add it to the repository.

DISCLAIMER: If you add this repository you are adding non official scripts. Compatibility and operation is not guaranteed, and you install them at your own risk. If any of these scripts is included in future official distribution we will disable them from our repository.

3) Some videos have been updated or added French translation:

Background Neutralization now in French, ManageRepositories, Add Scripts, RamDisk, BPP-12, BPP-13

4) New Article added.

Screen Resolution

5) As always latest news are added in the "News" section in the Home page.

Saludos, Alejandro.

Hi Alejandro,

When I was last active in the PixInsight community - none of your resources were available. Now that "I'm back", I am amazed at how much information has been gathered into this one repository (and that comment is not intended to belittle repositories that other PixInsight contributors have also worked so very hard to build).

Now I find myself constantly dipping into these vaults of treasure as I try and remember how to actually drive the PixInsight beast (yes, I sometimes feel like an eye-surgeon who has access to a titanium-melting laser, yet who has to work looking through dirty spectacles  >:D )

Keep up the good work.

Hello Alejandro, super thanks a lot, looks interesting. I will look currently to some really specific processing tips ... COMETS. Do you have any ideas where to look at. Many thanks in advance!

Back