PixInsight Resources

Thank you very much for the motivating comments!, We have many ideas to follow including useful material on the page. :)

Saludos, Alejandro.

Yes a fantastic resource, thank you.

I can watch the videos at home fine, but at work on an XP machine using the latest FireFox browser, I can't see any of the videos, I just get an error message "No video with supported format and MIME type found".

Have you any idea what I need to do to get this working.

Mike

Hi Mike, we have added an additional video format for the all serie. Now each one has associated two video files. It should works in Firefox running under XP.

Hope you can now see all.

Saludos, Alejandro.

Thank you very much, extremely helpful.
I found many functions, I didn?t use until now.

Gerhard

Hi Mike, that is very good news!.  :)

There are some updates in the page:

1) As announced in the previous post, now all videos are in two formats (.mp4 and .webm) to support Firefox in XP.
2) A new processing example was published, this time with the inclusion of some videos on it. Crux - Southern Cross
3) Some more new videos have been translated to French.

Saludos,
Alejandro.

I couldn't see the videos before, but now I can. What a great instructional resource! Thanks very much for creating this!

- Marek

Hi all, news in PixInsight Resources:

1) Two new processing examples have been added, Messier 106 and M16 - Eagle Nebula.

2) New videos have been translated to French.

3) New videos have been added.

WSC Sigma High
WSC Sigma Low
Apply Process
Icon Instance
Real Time Preview

4) PixInsight Resources Home page have now the "Newbie? Start Here" section which incluide a "Getting started with PixInsight" guide. This article attempts to provide a start guide to begin using PixInsigth from the first and most basic steps.

Saludos, Alejandro.

Really great stuff Alejandro.  Should go a long way towards combating the "steep learning curve" myth.
Geoff

Hi all, news in PixInsight Resources since the last update:

1) A new article was written: "Crop and Resize with DynamicCrop"

2) Two new processing examples have been added, NGC1097 Gallaxy and NGC 6823 and NGC 6820

3) New videos have been added:

Error File Checksum Failed
Script Window Size

4) In PixInsight Resources Home page "Newbie? Start Here" name was changed to "Newcomer? Start Here"  This section incluide a "Getting started with PixInsight" guide and "BPP - Batch Preprocessing" videos.

5) As always latest news are added in the "News" section in the Home page.

Saludos, Alejandro.

Estimado Alejandro,

Un sitio muy esperado y que nos ayuda mucho, mis felicitaciones a todo el equipo.

Cordiales saludos,

Leandro

Hi all, news in PixInsight Resources since the last update:

1) A new article was written: "Frequently used shortcuts"

2) New processing examples have been added:

NGC 6960 - Blue Halos Reduction
MaskedStretch and Stars Cores Reparation
Pre-processing and Linear post-processing of M101
M 101 - Blue Halos Reduction
Messier 77

3) New videos have been added:

Fits Settings
Search
Benchmark
Ram Disk
New Version of PixInsight
BPP - (13) Bayer Drizzle
BPP - (12) Generate Drizzle Data

4) PixInsight Resources has now a completely redesigned search engine and it can be accessed from de home page. The search engine takes into account the selected language, and the search is performed in sections Video Tutorials, Processing Examples and Articles.
It also allow search from the explorer into the site. To add the site as a search option, from the home page select Add: "PixInsight Resources Search" and the logo will be among the favorites. See "Search"

5) As always latest news are added in the "News" section in the Home page.

Saludos, Alejandro.

Very nice and extremely useful work. Thank you so much, your contribution to PixInsight is fantastic.

Hi all, updates in PixInsight Resources!  :)

1) New processing examples have been added:

Protecting background and stars
Shooting from light polluted areas
vdBH 15 Reflection Nebula
Lovejoy Comet Going further with DBE here!  >:D
Engage Having fun here!  :)

2) New videos have been added:

Background Neutralization
DBE - BN - CC (this video is a pilot test for the new series of subtitled videos that could be implemented if it result useful)

3) As always latest news are added in the "News" section in the Home page.

Saludos, Alejandro.

My favorite place to be informed about processing news.
Always something to learn.
Thank you Alejandro & Enzo.
Antoine

One of (if not the best) sites for PixInsight info.  Keep up the great work you both put into your site.

Reference grade material for sure.

Craig

Back