PixInsight Forum Migrated to XenForo + UI.X

Juan Conejero

PixInsight Staff
Staff member
Hi all,

I am glad to announce that today we have migrated PixInsight Forum to a new forum software platform: XenForo 2.1.7 with the UI.X theme. After 16 years online, this forum was showing its age and a modernization was in order.

I hope you'll like the new forum style and functionality (which I am still discovering). The migration process has not been trivial, so if you see anything broken, please let me know.

Enjoy!

great! it will take some getting used to after all that time but i'm sure this will be an improvement.

Very colorful! Presumably the archive of knowledge from previous posts still exists here.
-adam
P.S. Yikes! I don't need any "trophies" for writing messages. lol Perhaps there is a preference to turn this off.

Hi Andrés,

The RSS feed should be here:

There is an RSS icon on the main forum page footer, at the bottom right corner. Let me know if it works.
Thanks Juan.

The link works but the content is wrong or at least not very useful: the entries of the feed have the summary and link of the first post in the thread instead of the newest. The date/time however seems to be the UTC time of the latest message.
Also the Sender field has a "invalid@example.com" value.

Attachments

• RSS-Pixi.png
    RSS-Pixi.png
    52.6 KB · Views: 53
This is obviously an error, probably because I haven't configured things properly. I'll try to get this fixed as soon as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for the heads up.

But you wouldn't want the senders email address in the RSS feed, a good way for us all to get spammed?

Last edited:
Back