PixInsight crashes when I double click on a file name in the Pixelmath expression editor

Hi John,

Thanks for response...
As the whole PI application crashed I certainly can't copy contents of the Console, and for the life of me cannot find any logs that PI wrote as a result of a controlled shutdown. BTW this happened a number of times so not a unique event.

So the only thing I could find for you is a Windows Application Error Event on the Windows Event viewer which I attached the text for.

Attachments

• Windows Application Error event.txt
    673 bytes · Views: 43
Here is excerpt from Console for a Pixelmath crash that didn't crash the whole App...

Attachments

• Pixelmath crash console text.txt
    106.8 KB · Views: 40
it looks like this crash originates in the Qt window/GUI toolkit that PI uses. lots of times this can be caused by downrev video drivers. check that your drivers are up to date. i think sometimes there are drivers for integrated graphics that ship with windows that are very downrev; in that case check AMD's or Intel's website for the latest driver for your integrated graphics. if you have discrete graphics, go to AMD or NVidia's website and grab the latest drivers for your card.

Back