PixInsight considerably slow in Mac OS Catalina

Cir-X1

Hi guys,
I run PI in my Macbook Pro (Late 2013) having 2.6 GHz processors Intel Core i5 dual-core and 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 memory.
I made an upgrade just yesterday to Mac OS Catalina (v.10.15.7) and I noticed that PI (core version 1.8.8-6) is considerably slow in running the processes. As an example, I tried to run a dynamic crop process. From the moment in which I started the process by clicking to the start button, 10 minutes past before I had my image cutted.
I never had problems before updating the OS from Sierra to Catalina. Now it is quite difficult to process something...
Had you the same problem? How can I solve it?
Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
This is a machine-specific issue that cannot be reproduced and has not been reported before. All of our Macintosh development machines are currently using macOS 10.15 Catalina, and these problems obviously don't happen. I'm sorry but we cannot help here because the problem is completely out of our scope.

I think the problem is now solved...
I solved by re-installing the version 1.8.8-5 of PixInsight, by installing the requested updates for that version and only after these steps I moved to the last release (1.8.8-6).

Back