PixInsight 1.8 ? Codename "Ripley"

Wonderful news, I am expecting to install to play with it.

[size=10pt]Llu?s Romero.
www.astrosirius.org [url]http://www.flickr.com/photos/66966766@N05/[/size]

Hi
I just installed new version on win7-32 host.
Yes, I know that 32bit is obsolete, but all worked well until I received message about some new updates (dll modules).
I agreed with installation, but after restart I receive an error message and I lost 3 processes, one of those very important: image registration.
I had to go back to default first install.

In attach 3 incompatible modules from update message.

What's wrong?

Regards

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 68
Hi,

Are you using version 1.8.0 RC1? If so, please install version 1.8.0 RC3, which we have released a few days ago. We have released these updates for 32-bit Windows, and AFAIK they work correctly.

Let me know if this solves the problem.

OK! Everything works well.
It was my own mistake  :sad:
I downloaded RC3 few days ago but installed RC1 again....
Many thanks
Lucio

Hello

Last night I instaled PI 1.8 RC3.
Until now every thing seems ok.
Several processes seem to be a lot faster than before (win 7 64bit).

Thanks for the huge effort.

Regards
Geert

I installed the latest version yesterday and then installed all the upgrades it recommended - it claims to be version 1.08.00.0963, and I think it has a memory leak in the registration process.

I am building a 3 panel mosaic, with about 1250 images per panel, and I started 3 instances of PI running because the registration processes doesn't seem to be very parallel, and I have enough cores and memory (and not enough patience :)  to run multiple registrations at once.

It was running fine when I went to bed, but this morning, instead of being done they are all almost frozen -- occasionally it shows some activity on the console, but it is very slow, and each of the process has grown to about 12.5GB, and they are each using about 1/2 of 1 CPU core.

I saw this once before, but didn't report it here, so it seems to be reproducible, although it takes a while to make happen.

I've attached a directory listing sorted by date/time.  You can see the time between images growing.

Bret

Attachments

• dir.zip
    6.7 KB · Views: 62
Some questions:
1) Is there an estimated date for the full release of 1.8 ?  (hard to follow this long thread without clear announcements)
2) Is the rumor I heard true that 1.8 will not support XP 32bit machines?
Thanks,
-Jeff

Back