PixInsight 1.8.8 Released

I agree. Pixinsight is by default THE BEST software for Astro imaging. Thank you very much to Juan and all of the development team for the effort of improving it constantly.

Best regards,

Alfredo

Congratulations on such a great update on what is, without doubt, the finest astro processing software currently available. I am astounded on how fast the software now loads on my Dell precision laptop.

Steve

ESD is a new Rejection algorithm, you'll find it in ImageIntegration/Pixel Rejection (1), see appended JPG.

Bernd

Attachments

• ESD.jpg
    ESD.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 65
Juan-
What happened to print?  I just noticed after updating to 1.8.8, that there was no print option in the file menu.  Checking, 1.8.7 didn't have it either.  Is it no longer possible to print from PI?
Tnx.
Jeff

Mure denoise has lost the ability to automatically load the number of images and the variance scale from the integration.

Can we get a up date to preprocessing scrpit to include ESD ? Perhaps large scale rejection functions too.

Thanks

Max

jeffweiss9 said:
Juan-
What happened to print?  I just noticed after updating to 1.8.8, that there was no print option in the file menu.  Checking, 1.8.7 didn't have it either.  Is it no longer possible to print from PI?
Tnx.
Jeff

Jeff, It is still there and there was a post explaining how to get at it some time ago, looked back thru' old posts but can't find it, sry.
Maybe someone else can remember?

mmirot said:
Mure denoise has lost the ability to automatically load the number of images and the variance scale from the integration.
Max
bulrichl said:
See https://pixinsight.com/forum/index.php?topic=14196.0 .
Bernd

A fix is ready, it should appear soon as an auto update. Load variance scale now loads from metadata only, the old process log file loading feature is no longer available. (Please PM me if this is an issue with you, I can help.)

This release has a couple other changes, I will say more about them later.

The command to turn print on is in my book Inside PixInsight. Can?t wait to debut ESD for AIC!

Hi Jeff!

In my transcript the following line is noted:

"C:\Program Files\PixInsight\bin\PixInsight.exe" --with-printer

I used it sometime in win7 - no idea where to put that line in win10

Best regards!
Herbert, Austria

The parameter "-- with printer" has to be added to Target in the Shortcut Tab of Pixinsight, see https://pixinsight.com/forum/index.php?topic=13904 , reply #2 for Mac, reply #6 for Windows.

Bernd

sloz1664 said:
Congratulations on such a great update on what is, without doubt, the finest astro processing software currently available. I am astounded on how fast the software now loads on my Dell precision laptop.

Alfredo Beltran said:
I agree. Pixinsight is by default THE BEST software for Astro imaging. Thank you very much to Juan and all of the development team for the effort of improving it constantly.

sloz1664 said:

Thank you so much for your very nice words. I really appreciate your support, which encourages me to continue working hard on PixInsight each and every day.

Hi Jeff, and to the rest of users asking for the printing feature,

jeffweiss9 said:
Juan-

A few years ago I decided to 'hide' the File > Print command by default. The reason is that the current implementation of this feature is not up to my baseline quality standards. It kind of works on Linux and FreeBSD, but is definitely not something I'm proud of on macOS and Windows.

This feature requires a complete redesign and reimplementation on all platforms. I'd love to invest the time necessary to do this, but since I have many priorities and much more important things to work on in PixInsight at present, don't hold your breath.

Thanks, Herbert-

I just added
    --with-printer
to the the target in the properties
of the PixInsight Shortcut on my Win10 desktop and it worked fine;
i.e., the printer commands are back on the file menu.

Clear Skies,
Jeff

Thanks, Juan-
I understand the print options are below PixInsight standards, but it's just handy to have the options there once in a while for a quick snapshot of something.
The recent updates are great.
CS/Jeff

I would like to install this update on my laptop, but I'm concerned about what you said in the announcement about it not working well with laptops.  Should I stick with 1.8.7 on my laptop?

Hi Mark,

If 1.8.7 works well, there is no reason for 1.8.8 not to do the same on the same machine. Both versions share the same graphics engine, which is the only thing that can cause problems on Windows (not on the rest of platforms).

At any rate, upgrading to version 1.8.8-1 is absolutely essential if you want to keep in synch with the next tools and features we'll implement during the coming months.

Back