PixInsight 1.8.8-6 Released

I just loaded the new 1.8.8.6 version, it says it installed the EZ Processing Suite but I'm unable to find it. This is what it shows under "Installed Packages" Can you help with this?

Package type : Script
Title : EZ Processing Suite
Repository : http://darkarchon.internet-box.ch:8888/
File name : release.tar.gz
Release date : 2020-08-23 23:46:14
Install date : 2020-08-24 16:36:33
Full Repository Deployment as of Release Date
Currently contains:
  • EZ Processing Suite -> EZ Denoise (Automated TGV Denoise + MMT)
  • EZ Processing Suite -> EZ Decon (Automated Deconvolution, requires StarNet)
  • EZ Processing Suite -> EZ Soft Stretch (Automated Delinearizing)
  • EZ Processing Suite -> EZ Star Reduction (Automated Star Reduction, requires StarNet)
  • EZ Processing Suite -> EZ Live Stack (Monitors a folder for images and stacks them one by one)
  • EZ Processing Suite -> EZ HDR (Brings back bright core detail in galaxies and nebulae)
Are you on a Linux machine? I can't find the pixinsight.ini file in Kubuntu to delete. I'm having the same problem you encountered.

I noticed that the 1.8.8.6 linux release has an issue with the nvidia 450 or 455 drivers.
The subframeselector graph is displayed as a blank black square.
Installing nvidia-390 drivers fixes the problem.
If I roll back to the 1.8.8.5 release then I can use the 45x or 390 drivers without issue.

Attachments

• Screenshot at 2020-12-02 09-14-20.png
    Screenshot at 2020-12-02 09-14-20.png
    76 KB · Views: 98
We are using the 455 driver (for CUDA 11 development) without any issues on our workstations running Kubuntu 18.04 and 20.04 LTS. I'll investigate this, but it looks like a weird machine-specific (or maybe distribution-specific) issue. If the SubframeSelector graphs are not being displayed, it's definitely an OpenGL problem with the Qt version used by 1.8.8-6 (5.15.0), not really a driver problem.

Looks great...but does NOT include the RAW option in Explorer format, so all us Canon folks are shut out. How do I return to 1.8.8.5. Stuart

Looks great...but does NOT include the RAW option in Explorer format, so all us Canon folks are shut out. How do I return to 1.8.8.5. Stuart

libraw unfortunately requires a cpu with AVX2/FMA instructions. you can upgrade your computer (or just cpu) and it should work.

i think -5 is still on the distribution server but i can’t check at the moment.

rob

sorry, this is incorrect: the incompatibility with libRAW is strictly on macos 10.13. this library should not need those advanced CPU features.

Last edited:
Hi

I am new to Pixinsight and I am trying to get Starnet++ working (I dont have starnet+).

When I run the EZDecon scripts it encounters problem when it runs Starnet++/:ez_lightness_temp. I get the error described earlier here in this thread

Writing swap files...
239,237 MiB/s
*** Error: File I/O Error: Invalid or empty file name
Reading swap files...
3183,893 MiB/s
<* failed *

I have copied all unpacked files to /bin (except the readme file).

Your advice for this was to click the wrench icon of the starnet process and populate the two boxes with the right weights files by clicking on the little folder icons to the right

I don't understand (I am new to this....) this as I don't see a wrench button?

1664533311102.png

Any suggestions?

FYI, for those trying to run wayland and want to stay in their Wayland session and run PI without switching back to X, I'm having success forcing PI to use X in Hyprland by adding this environment variable in the Exec line in the PI .desktop file.

Exec=env -u WAYLAND_DISPLAY /opt/PixInsight/bin/PixInsight.sh %F

Back