PixInsight 1.8.8-3 Released

The problem is probably related to the problem I had a few days ago when I moved my license from windows 7 to a new 16 core Windows 10 Pro.

I also copied the file PixInsight.ini to my new PC but it contains paths from my previous PC.
I had to press the reset button in a window forgot which one (some basic one maybe image integration) before it would work with the new path.
I didn't get the same error as yours but I saw the wrong path as error in the process console.

There are still a few non existing paths in my .ini file (like 'Global\FileDialogs\....'), how can I easily reset that without deleting my settings?

Also how should I copy the image solved data to another image, the copy script doesn't seem to work?

Hello OldSkyEyes,
thank you for your answer,
It's true I migrated my old PC from Windows 8 to 8.1
But nothing to report with the precedent version of PI
This (minor ?) problem appears with only the last version.
I've my PI licence in 2013, with same PC !
After reading you, I looked for the file PixInsight.ini
I found this one dated 25/12/2019 probably new with the last version
Also old as PixInsight.ini.NI2636 09/06/2017 and
PixInsight64.ini 13/07/2015
About the recent ini file I think that the solution is inside, but where ?
It's a great file with so many configuration instructions, and I'm afraid of doing wrong !
Maybe this subject is minor and without consequence but I would still like to no longer see an error message at startup !
Wishing you a nice 2020 year !
Thank you
Philippe LAURENT

Hello
The download speed of the new version is dramatically slow, :(
many interruptions, however I have a fibre optic link at high speed.
Solutions ?
Regards

sky2orion said:
Hello
Solutions ?
Regards

I have just downloaded this latest version at a rate of 2mb/s.....super fast for me, no dropouts at all, and I am on a slow 10mb radio link living in the mountains in the middle of nowhere....could be your network?

Thank you, Juan and PixInsight colleagues and contributors for ongoing development.  I've been running PixInsight 1.8.8-3 on Fedora 29 (kernel 5.3.11-100.fc29.x86_64) with nVidia video drivers and Xfce desktop environment.  F29 will not boot from a NVMe SSD, so /boot is on a SATA SSD.

When upgrading to Fedora 31 (kernel 5.4.8-200.fc31.x86-640) and Xfce I did a fresh installation, including nVidia drivers, to a new NVMe SSD, with /boot put on a different SATA SSD.  PixInsight 1.8.8-3  was installed just as on F29.

When I try to start PI on F31 from the Applications menu nothing appears onscreen.  When I start from /opt/PixInsight/bin/Pixinsight using the command line, the error message is:

"This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin can be initialized.  Reinstalling the application may fix the problem." 

After a long list of available platform plugins, the error message closes with:

"/opt/PixInsight/bin/PixInsight.sh: line 37:  3134 Aborted                (core dumped) /opt/PixInsight/bin/PixInsight"

Reinstalling PI makes no difference.  On both Fedora 29 and 31 installations, /opt/PixInsight/bin/PixInsight.sh reads the same.  Also, both installations of /opt/PixInsight/bin/qt.conf read the same.

I'm no Linux expert, so now I'm stuck.  Any suggestions?

Problem solved.  The error message that "no Qt platform plugins can be initialized" led me to install the LXQt desktop environment on my pristine Fedora 31 - XFCE system.  Now, even when running under XFCE, PixInsight runs.

dave_galera said:
sky2orion said:
Hello
Solutions ?
Regards

I have just downloaded this latest version at a rate of 2mb/s.....super fast for me, no dropouts at all, and I am on a slow 10mb radio link living in the mountains in the middle of nowhere....could be your network?

Hello
After several attempts I succeeded, but it does not come from my Internet, Speedtest with download of 372Mbps.
Regards
Claude

Back