• imac shot for Juan.jpg
    imac shot for Juan.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 64
Here is imagew of opening Sub Frame Selector

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-12-17 at 13.37.34 copy.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-12-17 at 13.37.34 copy.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 74
are you using Dark mode in mojave? i was not able to test this as i only have High Sierra on my machines.

rob

can you see what happens in normal mode? i suspect this is a Qt problem that juan probably can not immediately fix...

rob

Attempted to update to 1.8.6. Had problem with my password for downloading. No idea why. Never had much problem before. In any event eventually got password reset and downloaded OK. Then installed 1.8.6 without problem after uninstalling current version. I then requested activation codes. No communication at all. Checked spam. Received password reset and other communications quickly before this but nothing for activation. Been messing with it for a long while now. Can I just revert without problems? Hanging it up for now. Out of time. Will check back later tonight or tomorrow. Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks.

PixInsight does not support dark mode on Mojave. Sorry, I forgot to mention this in the announcement post.

I'll release a new version that opts out the dark mode tomorrow. It's a simple keyword in the info.plist that I also forgot to include in the 1.8.6 release. Sorry for this.

To support the dark mode, I have to redesign the application's style sheet from scratch. It is a complete rewrite that may take a very long time. Frankly, I have many priorities before doing this, so don't expect dark mode support in PixInsight in the short-medium term.

pfile said:
can you see what happens in normal mode? i suspect this is a Qt problem that juan probably can not immediately fix...

rob

Rob, version 1.8.6 works perfectly on Mojave in normal (aqua) mode. I'm writing this on a MacBook Pro with Mojave :)

Yes, fortunately. IMHO, dark mode is a serious conceptual error by Apple. But, well, I am not a millennial (by any stretch of the imagination  :) ).

Hi Rob and Juan

I disabled on my iMac and it now works but still some problem with sub frame selector and my Mac Book Pro running Mojave I switched to normal agua mode as suggested but it does not effect the PixInsight program. Hopefully the new release will solve the problem on my laptop (MBP).

Steve

Speaking of conceptual errors, I could release an update for info.plist right now (it's just a simple XML file of about 1 KB) and this problem would be fixed immediately and easily for all macOS users. However, Apple's code signature system requires signing absolutely everything within an application bundle, even plain text files. This forces me to release a new installation package of about 300 MB, just to change about 30 bytes. Crazy?  :)

tdgm said:
Hi Rob and Juan

I disabled on my iMac and it now works but still some problem with sub frame selector and my Mac Book Pro running Mojave I switched to normal agua mode as suggested but it does not effect the PixInsight program. Hopefully the new release will solve the problem on my laptop (MBP).

Steve

Steve, this is strange. I am running PixInsight 1.8.6 right now on Mojave (normal mode) without any problems. Also on a MBP.

Really weird as I am using 1.8.6 on Mojave with Dark Mode enabled and its fine.

(A non-millennial who is trying to be hip!)

Attachments

• Desktop.jpg
    Desktop.jpg
    406.2 KB · Views: 59
Oops! you already have uploaded a screenshot with your post. Very nice shot! ;)

In your case there is absolutely no problem in dark mode. Awesome!

Just upgraded to 1.8.6 -- gentoo linux.  No problems with download or with getting the activation key. 

Thanks again for all the hard work the team puts into this :)

Cheyenne

Back