PixInsight 1.8.6 Ripley Released

Sedat said:
Have you checked your Spam/Junk folder ?

Yes, I take a look into 'ind?sirables' (French version Firefox)?. no answer, only real spam !

I will return in 1.8.5 if I can't install the new version, very bad.

I found what is wrong !

the answer was in the 'spam' directory of my provider I can see only online, not in Firefox spam directory on my PC !

Thank you,

JP

Jean-Paul,

Which email service provider do you use, if that's not asking too much (you can write us the answer by email if you want).

The most probable cause for this problem is that your email provider is blocking the second email because it has activation codes, which can be interpreted as 'strange things' by an obsessively configured email service. In such case, we can associate your license with a different email address on our server. Free Gmail and Yahoo email accounts work without problems.

Juan Conejero said:
Jean-Paul,

Which email service provider do you use, if that's not asking too much (you can write us the answer by email if you want).

The most probable cause for this problem is that your email provider is blocking the second email because it has activation codes, which can be interpreted as 'strange things' by an obsessively configured email service. In such case, we can associate your license with a different email address on our server. Free Gmail and Yahoo email accounts work without problems.

Thank you Juan, it's exactly the problem, 'Free.fr' (the name of my french provider) stop the second message, not the first. but I can read it online, and now all work fine.

JP

Juan Conejero said:
Great! hope you like 1.8.6!  ;)

I try quickly !

Usualy, I made a save of my pixinsight-license file, I found this file in my user directory. In the new version, the date of this file is always 2015/02/11, the date of my first installation, is this file the new license, or where can I found the new one ?

Thanks,
JP

Great to have all the drag and drop functionality working normally on MacOSX.

The whole GUI seems a little more snappy than before ?

Great work Juan and nice to know the licensing is more secure against the mindless idiots who hacked it last time.

Chris

I downloaded and installed 1.8.6.  I requested new license activation codes.  It replied that it was sending an email.  After 20-30 minutes I do not find an email in my inbox or spam.  A second request for activation codes responded there was already a request and to try again later.  How long should I expect it to take to get the activation email?

You might look at this posting from earlier.

https://pixinsight.com/forum/index.php?topic=12986.msg79058#msg79058

Mike

The email with the link to the license reactivation took 40 minutes.  Still waiting on the email with the new activation codes.  Apparently, the server is still slow due to heavy traffic.   

Apparently, the server is still slow due to heavy traffic.

Not at all. Despite the fact that we still have lots of concurrent download operations ongoing, right now we have a memory consumption below 32% and a CPU load below 3%, so the server is perfectly operational. Please check that your email provider is not blocking our notification emails.

Juan, Congratulations! Thanks so much for your nice 'thank you.' Also, for the lovely tribute to Sander. I posted it on his 'Remembering Sander Pool' Facebook page, so that his family would be sure to see it.  Hoping now, that you'll get some well-deserved rest Juan. Thanks for all you do. It was a privilege to assist on the testing team. 

Juan, thanks so much for all your hard work, and this new version. I'm really looking forward to the new astrometry integration, and will give it a good workout.

Sean

I have gone back to the earlier version.
I have tried several times to install the new version - W10 machine- (never had any problems before). I receive the new activation code in my e-mail but it fails to work when I use it with my User Ident.

John

Thank you, Sean.

With the integration of astrometry, ephemerides, etc. my intention is to extend PixInsight to cover more areas of astronomy beyond astrophotography. I am sure this will benefit all of us.

Juan Conejero said:
Thank you Warren for your support!

Rest? what's rest?  ::)
Well, you're a laugh a minute, but you know what it is, at least conceptually, so make sure you get some! Do I sound like your mother? :>)

Nice!

I was starting to think that development for pixinsight faded away, good to see that it is still being kept up to date. :)

Uninstalled and installed the new version on win7 64bit (I got the activation codes immediately)

Flawless download and installation on my iMac. Done in 30 minutes.

Thank you so much for the work you all do.

Best
Ray Perry

PixInsight development is stronger and more vigorous than ever. There are new surprises that will come in the following months, so stay well tuned!

Hi Juan

Thanks for the new release but having an appearance problem new windows and sidebars are white  and can't see symbols. Workspace wallpaper on Mac Book Pro does not extend full window and drag and drop problems with sub frame selector also opens 2 windows at same time . Please review and let me know if I am doing something wrong.

Steve

Back