PixInsight 1.8.6 Ripley Released

Hello. Sorry for my bad english. I Use google translate.

When the nikon Z6 will be supported ?
how can i use my raw in the meantime?

Thanks

Jean-marc

AVG anti virus is Quarantining my download of the 64 bit Windows version saying it is infected with Win32:Malware-gen.

Does that make any sense to you guys?

Hello, installing the new release (on iMac) all third parts scripts I added manually  and saved projects were deleted. Is there a way to keep them when a major upgrade has  done?

Best regards
Max

I have loaded the new version, all previous version ran without a hitch, this version gives me errors all over the place.

Typical error on attachment

Pete

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    171.5 KB · Views: 115
Hi Pete,

This problem cannot be reproduced under normal working and testing conditions, on any supported platform. Please provide a data set and a list of steps to reproduce these issues consistently.

You don't provide any information on your machine. However, the most probable cause for this problem is a defective graphics driver. See also this forum post for additional information.

Hola Juan,

I have installed the new version on my Win 10 desktop without any problems. My question is related to my other computer, a laptop with Win 7. Will I have to request an activation code for this computer separately? I don't want to mess my system with something which might not work. If I am right, I suppose that I will have to download the file from the download area again and send a password request, as I did for my main computer.

Juergen

Hello all,

I've held off updating to 1.8.6 for a bit to let the dust settle.  I'm not seeing the dialog boxes that are shown on the very first page anywhere.  When I go to the distribution page I see the reactivation option there.  I did try it and got the email, but I think I'll make another request (after the hour expires) to make sure I'm totally ready (thought I'd have an option to cancel - didn't realize the next step would execute sending the link)

Just double checking.. to uninstall on OSX, I presume it's the standard drag and drop to the trash?  Can I leave the old activation code in it's current location if I want to go back to 1.8.5 or do I need to remove it also?  If I'm understanding correctly, the new code needs to go into a new location anyway (on all machines where PI is running).

Thanks for the continued development efforts.. there is nothing better than PI!!

Jay S.

Hi Juergen,

jubeis said:
I have installed the new version on my Win 10 desktop without any problems. My question is related to my other computer, a laptop with Win 7. Will I have to request an activation code for this computer separately? I don't want to mess my system with something which might not work. If I am right, I suppose that I will have to download the file from the download area again and send a password request, as I did for my main computer.

Yes, requesting new activation codes is the easiest and fastest way to reactivate your license on a new machine. See FAQ 2.7 for complete information about using PixInsight on several machines:

https://pixinsight.com/faq/

As for your password, you don't have to request a new one, unless you have forgotten the current one, or except if you don't like it for any reason.

Hi Jay,

Just double checking.. to uninstall on OSX, I presume it's the standard drag and drop to the trash?  Can I leave the old activation code in it's current location if I want to go back to 1.8.5 or do I need to remove it also?  If I'm understanding correctly, the new code needs to go into a new location anyway (on all machines where PI is running).

Yes, just throw the /Applications/PixInsight folder to trash (you'll need an administrative authorization); that's all you need to uninstall the application on macOS. Isn't this simple and nice, compared to the nightmare required in another operating system?

Yes, you can leave the old pixinsight-license file where it is for now. The new version uses a completely different license file and there cannot be any conflicts; the new licensing system has been designed with this as a precondition.

Thanks for the continued development efforts.. there is nothing better than PI!!

Thank you so much! That's a fantastic slogan!  8) ;)

Hi Juan,
unfortunately I can't activate my copy as I have no longer access to my old email which was associated with the license. It doesn't exist anymore so I can't change it since it needs both mails to be done. How can I change my email address if I don't have access to my old one?

Thanks!

EDIT: I've read the download page more carefully and I've now sent an email for the problem. Please disregard this.

Juan Conejero said:
Hi Jay,

Yes, just throw the /Applications/PixInsight folder to trash (you'll need an administrative authorization); that's all you need to uninstall the application on macOS. Isn't this simple and nice, compared to the nightmare required in another operating system?

Yes, you can leave the old pixinsight-license file where it is for now. The new version uses a completely different license file and there cannot be any conflicts; the new licensing system has been designed with this as a precondition.

Thank you so much! That's a fantastic slogan!  8) ;)

Juan,

Sorry for the delay in replying to your helpful message.  First, you're welcome for the slogan.. There is nothing better than Pi.  :)

Second.. I guess the only thing in this installation process that wasn't clear was that I didn't realize I had to do a "reactivation" for each system where I had PI running.. Under the old method, it was put the license file supplied into the correct folder. It appears the new install places it there but needs the reactivation codes on each machine to acknowledge and start PI..

Thanks again!!!

Jay S.

Hi Jay,

Second.. I guess the only thing in this installation process that wasn't clear was that I didn't realize I had to do a "reactivation" for each system where I had PI running.. Under the old method, it was put the license file supplied into the correct folder. It appears the new install places it there but needs the reactivation codes on each machine to acknowledge and start PI..

You can do exactly the same with 1.8.6. See FAQ 2.7 for a detailed description.

There is nothing better than Pi.  :)

Well, good wine and bourbon are pretty close, among other good things of life 8)

Hello,
Got an error when requesting activation codes ... (see attached pic)
I guess this is not something i should see ?
If i may add, this process of uninstalling the whole stuff to reinstall the new version is not cool.

^-^

so i guess now i'm stuck with no Pixinsight on my computer ?

Edit : worked this morning. Cheers

Attachments

• PixInsight_2019-02-11_15-44-18.jpg
    PixInsight_2019-02-11_15-44-18.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 65
Back