PixInsight 1.8.6.1457 Released

Hi Juan,

Thanks for the post.  There was a difference in the Star Detection Parameters.  The older version used the Moffat 4 for the PSF fit and the latest version used Gaussian.  I fixed that problem but the results are much the same (see attachments).

Thanks for your help, Terry.

Attachments

• ver 01.08.05.1352-2.jpg
    ver 01.08.05.1352-2.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 47
  • ver 01.08.06.1457-2.jpg
    ver 01.08.06.1457-2.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 47
Juan Conejero said:
New command-line arguments. These new arguments facilitate installation on machines with nonstandard screen resolutions (mainly laptops and virtual machines) where automatic UI scaling factors cannot be calculated reliably. Excerpted from the command line help text:

Code:
         --ui-scaling=<n>|auto

Set the core UI scaling factor to <n> in the range [1,4], or allow the
               core application to calculate a suitable scaling factor automatically.
               The specified value or setting will persist in application preferences.

--ui-font-resolution=<n>

Set the core font resolution to <n> in the range [10,1000] dpi. The
               specified value will persist in application preferences. The default
               font resolution is 100 dpi.

Hello
I just downloaded this new version.

What i have to do to run the command lines for ui scaling. The font on my laptop is so small, i can't read it.
Thank's

I assume you are running on Windows. To execute an application from the command line, press Windows+R to open a 'Run' box. Then type the following and click OK:

C:\Program Files\PixInsight\bin\PixInsight.exe --ui-scaling=2

In this example, I am assuming that 2.0 is the correct scaling factor for your laptop monitor. If this is too big, you can try with 1.5 for example.

Remember that you only have to do this once. The specified scaling factor will be stored in application preferences, and will be used until you change it manually, or until you reset application settings.

Back