Permanently changing process default option...

rstjean88

Hi,

For example, in the "Star Alignment" process, I would like that the "Generate drizzle data" option be unchecked by default. Any idea on how can I do that ?

Thanks !

Assuming I understood your question:

1. Open Star Alignment Process.
2. Un-check “Generate Drizzle Data"
3. Create a “New Instance” of customized Star Alignment by dragging the blue triangle (bottom left corner) to anywhere on the PI desktop.
4. Right click on the new instance of Star Alignment.
5. “Set Icon Identifier”, I.e. name it.
6. Don’t forget to then “Save Selected Icon” by its new name.

You can then right click the PI desktop and “Process Icons/Load Process Icons” to bring up your customized icon.

Mark

Hi,
In my PI installation i have created in PI a collection of Macros and single processes.
Including the StarAlignment process with the Drizzle.. unchecked!
This macro collection i have named
C:/Fav.xpsm

When PI is loaded it executes automatically the file
startup.scp
So, In the last line of the startup.scp file i have added the command:
.open C:/Fav.xpsm

At each start of PI my macro selection is loaded automatically with my parameter.
And, when i need the StarAlignment process i start it from the process icon and the parameter are filled as i like it!

Advice for your setup (only once to do):
The startup.scp file is located in the directory: C:/ProgramFiles/PixInsight/etc/startup/
here i have added in the last line with the text editor the call of my standard macro File with:

this should help your request from the user side...

Gerald

Last edited:
Hi,
In my PI installation i have created in PI a collection of Macros and single processes.
Including the StarAlignment process with the Drizzle.. unchecked!
This macro collection i have named
C:/Fav.xpsm

When PI is loaded it executes automatically the file
startup.scp
So, In the last line of the startup.scp file i have added the command:

At each start of PI my macro selection is loaded automatically with my parameter.
And, when i need the StarAlignment process i start it from the process icon and the parameter are filled as i like it!

Advice for your setup (only once to do):
The startup.scp file is located in the directory: C:/ProgramFiles/PixInsight/etc/startup/
here i have added in the last line with the text editor the call of my standard macro File with:

this should help your request from the user side...

Gerald
Very interesting and useful approach. Thanks Gerald !

Back