PCL: Problem with module identifier

Carlos Milovic

Hi :)

I'm working on the modules I promised... a Gradient calculator, the Circular Hough Transform and the Linear HT. CHT is done, pending only minor details with the interfases (graph and console). Now I'm trying to install the second module, but the applications tells that it has an invalid identifier.

While I compile the project, this warning appears:
Code:
warning C4003: not enough actual parameters for macro: 'PCL_STRINGIFY'

I defined MODULE_UNIQUE_ID at the module.cpp file, wich is returned at UniqueId(). The "return line" is the one acknowledged with the warning.

What is strange is that I haven't modified anything, related to this, from the other project (copied the folder, and edited the code).

Any hints?

Hi Carlos,

In your xxxModule.cpp file, you must declare this macro:

Code:
#define MODULE_UNIQUE_ID

The MODULE_UNIQUE_ID macro is empty since your module has not been certified (because it is a development version).

Your UniqueId() should be like this:

Code:
const char* xxxModule::UniqueId() const
{
   return PCL_MODULE_UNIQUE_ID( MODULE_UNIQUE_ID );
}

There should be no problems if you use the PCL_MODULE_UNIQUE_ID macro, which is defined in pcl/Module.h. You no longer can return 0 or "" from UniqueId(). This is part of the security layer that I have implemented a few PCL versions ago (don't remember exactly, but December-January i think). The security layer is still a work in progress by the way, so don't ask (yet) :)

I just sent to you the source code, if you want to take a quick look there.

Now, dinner :) and after that, the Linear Hough Transform.

;) You know how time consuming may become the studies, and all that stuff :p

BTW, now on topic, I got the same warning with the third module. Again, I just edited the first one, wich compiles without problems, and is wrote exactly as Juan described. What is happening? A problem with vc9's project file?

Juan, I used your new Makefilescrip to create the vc9 project... and compiled the module. I'm still getting that warning I quoted in the first message. This happens both with the Debug and Release configurations.

Hello.
Carlos Milovic said:
Good news. I'm still getting the warning, but PI loads the module fine :) Problem "solved". :p
So, no need to make attention on the warning?

Back