PCL distro missing /lib folder and...

eddiet

Hi Juan and all.
It's been a while, hope you're all well.
I just got back to trying my hand at XISF processing and got the latest distro from GitLab.

First problem was that there was no /lib folder.

So I thought I would recompile the libraries, but there was no Windows folder under /src/pcl, so there was also no Windows project or solution available.

I had a pcl project from my last attempt, over a year ago and used it to generate pcl-pci.lib, not expecting it to work, but it did, with no warnings or errors, except for one hiccup.

The old project included a file /src/pcl/StdStatus.cpp, which was also missing from the latest distribution. So I copied the old one in and it compiled.

I haven't tested the resulting XISF-pxm.dll yet, so there could still be issues.

There's a real possibility that I've messed something up, but thought I'd let you decide that.

Thanks!

Eddie

Hi Eddie,

You have to create the %PCLDIR%/lib folder manually, then create a PCLLIBDIR environment variable with its full path. This is because this folder can be at an arbitrary location on the development machine, since no source unit depends on it, and it is always accessed through PCLLIBDIR variables from all makefiles and project files.

You'll find .vcxproj project files for Visual C++ 2019 (the only version currently supported) on windows/vc16 subfolders. However, you're right, for some reason there is no src/pcl/windows/vc16 folder on the GitLab repository, which is weird. I'll fix this today.

Anyway, you can always generate all makefiles and project files automatically with the MakefileGenerator script. To generate them for the PCL library, select the "PixInsight Class Library (PCL)" option for "Project type".

Let me know if this helps.

Hi Eddie,

You have to create the %PCLDIR%/lib folder manually, then create a PCLLIBDIR environment variable with its full path. This is because this folder can be at an arbitrary location on the development machine, since no source unit depends on it, and it is always accessed through PCLLIBDIR variables from all makefiles and project files.

You'll find .vcxproj project files for Visual C++ 2019 (the only version currently supported) on windows/vc16 subfolders. However, you're right, for some reason there is no src/pcl/windows/vc16 folder on the GitLab repository, which is weird. I'll fix this today.

Anyway, you can always generate all makefiles and project files automatically with the MakefileGenerator script. To generate them for the PCL library, select the "PixInsight Class Library (PCL)" option for "Project type".

Let me know if this helps.

Ah, thanks Juan. That's helpful. I'll let you know how I go.

Best

Eddie

Hi Juan

I've tried this but there seems to be a problem.

When I run the Makefile Generator for Pixinsight Class Library (PCL)

I get

Source files : 179
Header files : 0
Resource files : 0
Image files : 0
Source directories : 1
*** Error [000]: C:/Program Files/PixInsight/src/scripts/MakefileGenerator/MakGenUtility.js, line 136: Error: removeDirectory(): Relative directory.

And there is no project created for PCL/Windows. There is no Windows folder at all.

Sorry for the hassle!

Hi again Juan,

All seems OK now, I remmed the handler for this exception in MakeGenUtility.js and the generator appears to have completed successfully now.

I have a PCL/Windows Project.

Back