PCL: CFA to RGB module (CFA2RGB)

NKV

Hi,
The module convert Gray CFA image to Bayer RGB image.

Do you see Drizzle Debayer in BatchPreProcessing script?
OK, now Drizzle Debayer independent from BatchPreProcessing. 

How to:
Preprocessing
1) use any Debayer method to debayer Original (usually Calibrated  Gray CFA not aligned images  *_c_cc.fit) to NotAlignedRGB image.
2) use StarAlignment(NotAlignedRGB) to create AlignedRGB and create .drz files linked to NotAlignedRGB and to AlignedRGB images.
3) use ImageIntegration(AlignedRGB) to update a rejection information in .drz files. Note: ImageIntegration button "Add Drizzle Files"

Now is magic:
0) Warning: backup NotAlignedRGB, because we will overwrite it.
1) Use the CFA2RGB + ImageContainer(Original) to create NotAlignedRGB_Bayer images.
Set name of output NotAlignedRGB_Bayer equal to NotAlignedRGB. note: Batch Debayer Script add prefix "debayer_" to name.
2) Replace NotAlignedRGB by NotAlignedRGB_Bayer, if you not do it in previous step.
3) now .drz files linked to NotAlignedRGB_Bayer and we can use DrizzleIntegration.

Source Code v1.1.1
bin Win64
bin Linux64

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    20.3 KB · Views: 107
Hello Nicolay

Thank you for your continous contribution to this comunity.
This new module seems very usefull.

I have a couple of questions about the procedure:

- In step 2 of preprocessing,  I supose that you are meaning debayered originals, are you?
- In step 2 of magic,  the images replaced are the debayered originals? or am I completely wrong?

Regards
Geert

gvanhau said:
- In step 2 of preprocessing,  I supose that you are meaning debayered originals, are you?
- In step 2 of magic,  the images replaced are the debayered originals?
Yes and Yes.
Instruction updated. Thank you.

preprocessing - it's ordinary steps: ordinary  preprocessing, ordinary registration, ordinary integration. Do it as usual.
magic - it's method to replace NotAlignedRGB image by NotAlignedRGB_Bayer.

gianpri said:
I can not download the module "The webpage is not available"
Updated.

PS
We can replace the images linked in P{}, because .drz file linked by file path only. 
.drz file consist from:
Code:
P{path to NotAligned image}
T{path to Aligned image}
D{width, height}
H{alignment matrix}
rejection data {}

Hello

I tested this this weekend, and the procedure worked ok.

I had two isues, but I think they have notting to do with your module:

1.- The first time I run it, in the image container y deselected "never overwrite originals" in order that the originals where replaced by this module. this did not work; it deted the original and forced a 01 at the end of the file name. for this, I had to sve the result in another directory in order to preserve the original name and then copy that to the original place.

2.- after running the process I did a drizle integration (bayer drizle); the first time I had enabled the pixel rejection...and got an almost black piture as result (almos all pixels where jected?) On the seccond run I deselected this option, I got the result I was looking for.

Regards
Geert

gvanhau said:
I had two isues, but I think they have notting to do with your module:
You are absolutely right. Those problems not in the module.
1 - in the ImageContainet.
2 - in the DrizzleIntegration.
:D

I am little confuse with the way to preprocess the image

If I follow old method
- Calibrate images
- Debayer images
- Align debayered images with drizzle option
- integrate aligned_debayered images with drizzle option
- integrate drizzle files

Now, it is ?
- calibrate images
- CFA-RGB image
- Align CFA-RGB images with drizzle option (I have a problem, no star detected on several images)  :sad:  where in VNG method it is well detected
- integrate aligned drizzle CFA-RGB images
- integrate drizzle files

Thanks
Cheers

Philippe B. said:
Now, it is ?
- calibrate images
- CFA-RGB image
- Align CFA-RGB images with drizzle option (I have a problem, no star detected on several images)
It's because you try to do something strange. I not understand what you do and why.

Any way, the method in post#1 is only DrizleDebayer&Integration. You understand?
See "magic steps 0,1,2,3".

oh yes, that's clear !

in fact, it is
then (magic 0)
4 (correspond to magic step 1
5 (magic 2)
6 (magic 3)

Is there a new version of this DLL for the latest PI version? For some reason it won't install in 01.08.04. Thanks.
Also when will we be able to bayer drizzle outside the pre-processing script? I don't use PI to calibrate.

The only possibility I found is to use the script to generate calibrated and bayered RGB and debayered images. Then go manually for alignment, integration and drizzle.
The script generates the bayered and debayered image.

Maybe you could even only generate bayered RGB and debayered ones when only imput your manually calibrated images (if needed)

But, that's right, a real official stand alone "Bayer Drizzle" function (or option in integration menu) should be welcome !
...Juan... if you read us  ;)  ... put on "todo" list  >:D

Hello
Just to illustrate the need for a stand alone process (or option in debayer process and drizzle integration to identify bayer and debayered files name and path)

This bayerdrizzle rocks  :tongue:

bayerdrizzle.gif

I tried to install the module in PixInsight 1.08.05.1353, but receive the following error message.

Attachments

• CFA2RGB.JPG
    CFA2RGB.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 82
Back