pc white screen

Hi Forum, after lock down i've taked news images that i trie to processing by Pixinsigth, but during processing the PIX screen turnes on white! It become impossible continue processing. Any suggestion? Thank you for answer.
Gianfranco

ok, check that the drivers for the video card are fully up-to-date. PI sometimes has trouble with the intel integrated graphics (because the drivers are buggy) but usually discrete video cards are OK.

[QUOTE = "pfile, post: 90155, membro: 322"]
ok, controlla che i driver per la scheda video siano completamente aggiornati. A volte PI ha problemi con la grafica integrata Intel (perché i driver sono difettosi) ma di solito le schede video discrete sono OK.
[/CITAZIONE]
Ok, many thanks!

Hello Gianfranco, this may be of help to you because I am trying to deal with the white screen issue too. I discovered NVIDIA has a GPU monitoring app, a screen capture of which is attached. You may want to run it also and see if you also have process conflicts. I noticed in my case that both Pixinsight and a program called icloudphotos.exe run on the GPU. The latter program from Apple downloads new photos taken with my linked Apple devices and is linked to iCloud. It may be the two programs conflict if icloudphotos.exe tries to download a new image, corrupting memory being used by PixInsight. I removed icloudphotos.exe from the system startup list so it normally doesn’t run on the GPU. After doing so, PixInsight seems stable after several hours of use. More time will be needed to see if the stability lasts.

Jack

Capture.JPG

Back