OSC images and NSG

dpierce

I just want to clarify the proper workflow. I normally use WBPP and wanted to confirm that the correct images to input into NSG are the calibrated, registered and debayered images? Or is it better to split up the registered and calibrated images into separate RGB images and run NSG on each color? Then I guess after running all three and integrating I just use Channel Combination for my final gradient corrected color image?

I just want to clarify the proper workflow. I normally use WBPP and wanted to confirm that the correct images to input into NSG are the calibrated, registered and debayered images?
Yes, that is correct.

Or is it better to split up the registered and calibrated images into separate RGB images and run NSG on each color? Then I guess after running all three and integrating I just use Channel Combination for my final gradient corrected color image?
The advantage of using the RGB images is that more stars will be detected. The main disadvantage is that NWEIGHT is the average R, G, B weight.

The main advantage of using separate R, G, B is that it will produce optimum NWEIGHT's for the R, G and B integrations.

Yes, that is correct.

The advantage of using the RGB images is that more stars will be detected. The main disadvantage is that NWEIGHT is the average R, G, B weight.

The main advantage of using separate R, G, B is that it will produce optimum NWEIGHT's for the R, G and B integrations.
Thanks for the answers. I will just run WBPP and select separate RGB in post processing. Then I can use the debayered RGB files.

Back