Orion Nebula

BrandonP

I just got my guide scope before the pandemic and couldn't get out, so this is my first major photo with my telescope...

Integration Information: 2.5 hour Exposure
Lights 61x (ISO1600 - 1000mm - f/3.9 - 121sec)
Darks 15x (ISO1600 - 1000mm - f/3.9 - 121sec)
BIAS 15x (ISO1600 - 1000mm - f/3.9 - 1/8000sec)

Full Photo:
BSP-AST_00044.jpg

Pixinsight Timelapse:

What do you guys think? Anything wrong? Any editing advice? CC please!

looks good. imo just a bit too much green in the fainter parts.

this is one of a handful of targets that can really benefit from an HDR merge. you can make 2-3 more stacks of say, 15s, 30s and 60s to recover the blown-out detail in the core.

looks good. imo just a bit too much green in the fainter parts.

this is one of a handful of targets that can really benefit from an HDR merge. you can make 2-3 more stacks of say, 15s, 30s and 60s to recover the blown-out detail in the core.
Thanks, Ill take that into consideration. I totally want to do the HDR, I just can't get out for a while.
I'm going to start over with this photo when i do. My coma corrector was spaced wrong so the stars are stretched at the edges and i need to buy a flats panel. Got my eye on a nice large tracing tablet that should do wonders.

yes i have one of those tracing tablets, and i used an arduino to turn it into a brightness-controlled flat panel. works great.

it works with SGP but since it emulates a well-known flat panel product i think it might work with lots of different software.

Back